Playing Paiute 1/28

973 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agsalaska
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading to the Wolf course for the first time. (well, Paiute for the first time in general)

Anyone played it lately? Anything to be on the lookout for? Weather should be fantastic.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
An Ag is superintendent there, can't recall his name but it's on earlier Vegas threads. Play Snow on the same day for a replay reduced rate. Great pro shop and restaurant for lunch. Beer carts are great and I had too many Perronis and Stellas to count. Loved that place.
TecRecAg
AG
Man I wish I could. Only there for 3 days and it's for my wife's bday. I'm lucky enough to get to do 1 round.
wildmen09
AG
Played there in January 2020 before CV19. Played both courses and really enjoyed them. Cold in the morning and beautiful throughout the day. Great lunch and great staff! Enjoy!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bring your wind game, I played out there a few weeks back and it can be pretty strong.

If your ball veers or bounces out to the desert, chances are it is gone. I barely pushed an approach shot and between the fairway turning a bit more than it looked like, the wind, and a stiff bounce, that ball was gone gone gone.
TecRecAg
AG
Update: Played last Friday and it was phenomenal. No wind but man it was cold in the early morning. Fingers were frozen numb. Luckily I brought my own clubs so I had FJ winter gloves.

I will play Snow next time I go. That was my first taste of desert golf and it was so much more enjoyable for a bad golfer like myself than to play a course lined with homes like we have here in Dallas.
agsalaska
AG
TecRecAg said:

Update: Played last Friday and it was phenomenal. No wind but man it was cold in the early morning. Fingers were frozen numb. Luckily I brought my own clubs so I had FJ winter gloves.

I will play Snow next time I go. That was my first taste of desert golf and it was so much more enjoyable for a bad golfer like myself than to play a course lined with homes like we have here in Dallas.
I absolutely love desert golf. The most I have ever enjoyed playing golf was when I live in Vegas for 3+ years. The conditions were usually easy and in great shape, especially the greens. And it could get hot and cold but the only thing that could really F up a round was wind. There were a few rounds in there where the wind made in no fun. But hell that happens in Temple.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.