Cali Munis

825 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So apparently there is an effort to turn some of California's municipal golf courses into areas for affordable housing:

https://www.firstcallgolf.com/features/feature/2022-01-12/proposed-california-law-targets-municipal-golf?swinguclubhouseNL

Highly unlikely this would happen to well known courses (i.e. Torrey Pines), but are there any classic California gems that may not be as popular as they once were that one should consider?

Even though its not a done deal yet, im not very optimistic about legislation in that place.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Wow... Just wow...

TIME to get the environmentalist groups to protect the golf course earth worms...

It'd be a shame if this goes through.

I don't see it happening but who cares.

Im leaving CA
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Wow... Just wow...

TIME to get the environmentalist groups to protect the golf course earth warms...

It'd be a shame if this goes through.

I don't see it happening but who cares.

Im leaving CA

Come on up to Oregon. Though it's not much better here.
JYDog90
AG
Thread title not to be confused with Mila Kunis.
Formerly Willy Wonka
AggieDruggist89
AG
You just never know....

Been looking at Bandon for a house. It's impossible to buy. Despite their 1 per 250ft short term rental rule, all the ocean view properties are investor owned.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

You just never know....

Been looking at Bandon for a house. It's impossible to buy. Despite their 1 per 250ft short term rental rule, all the ocean view properties are investor owned.

Yeah. We looked at bandon a little as well. We are looking at purchasing a property towards Port Orford for a rental/vacation home. Nice area.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bennett Valley in Santa Rosa is one that is being highly contested. Hope the course stays.

Northwood is one of of those gems you brought up, but that is out aways and not in danger of lots of housing getting out there. Extremely popular 9 home course.

Hope the legislation fails…there are other solutions but too much of a NIMBY attitude all around.
jonj101
Just looked up Bennett, has a classic look to me in a nice setting. Would be a shame if this legislation goes through and takes it or other courses out. Such a short sighted approach.

I didn't realize Northwood was a mini, just thought it was public play. Such a simple place but one of the best golfing experiences I've ever had.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jonj101 said:

Just looked up Bennett, has a classic look to me in a nice setting. Would be a shame if this legislation goes through and takes it or other courses out. Such a short sighted approach.

I didn't realize Northwood was a mini, just thought it was public play. Such a simple place but one of the best golfing experiences I've ever had.
I may be incorrect in including that. But Bennett for sure is in the crosshairs of development.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.