Valero Open - San Antonio

2,394 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
JP_Losman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone buy tickets yet?

Ticketmaster website is selling Saturday passes for $150 each. It includes passes to the concert...
has anyone figured a way to buy passes without the concert?

$150 is outrageous
jja79
AG
Isn't the concert between 16 and 18 and open to anyone with a ticket?
JP_Losman
AG
I guess that is how it works.

has anyone purchased at a price lower than $150 yet?

Couldn't find any on stubhub yet
cb1919
AG
Looks like prices are up across the board....I thought they used to be $20 for a Saturday. They are really trying to cash in on that concert.
jja79
AG
They've always had a concert after the round on saturday in the grove between 16 and 18. Looks like they're doing a special 100th year deal with Jason Aldean this year.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Rory is playing so I don't envision prices coming down too much unfortunately.
AustinCountyAg
$150 is a hard ****ing no for the Valero open. That's outrageous
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
****, use to pick up comp tickets all over town. Haven't tried in a while but that's brutal.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
JP_Losman
AG
That is what I thought. Was about to buy 7 of them and it was $1000+ for grounds passes. Going to wait to see about Stubhub later
jonj101
$150 should get access to suite/tents overlooking a green with food, drinks, etc.

No way I'm paying that for general admission.
JCA1
AG
Didn't know the Valero had concerts on Saturday. Gotta say, that's a pretty cool idea. Not a big Aldean fan, but with the right act, I would definitely be on board.
BoozerRed78
AG
It's only $150 on Saturday, because of the concert. Thu, Fri & Sun GA tix are $50.

https://valerotexasopen.com/general-admission/
JYDog90
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

$150 is a hard ****ing no for the Valero open. That's outrageous
Did you miss the part about the Jason Aldean concert?
Formerly Willy Wonka
AustinCountyAg
Pretty much every PGA events hold concerts at the tournament
JYDog90
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

They're gonna have to pay me more than $150 to go to a Jason Aldean concert.
Formerly Willy Wonka
LCE
AG
Darius Rucker also playing Saturday night. Still not paying $150.
jja79
AG
I bought hospitality suite passes for me and my 3 boys to celebrate the oldest graduating medical school in 2014. Even then it was around $300/person. The concert was the Spazmatics. Just for grins I looked at this years price. $550 for thur, fri and sunday. $655 for saturday. We went for 4 years and those hospitality areas were packed. I personally wouldn't pay over $50 or so to go to a PGA tournament and walk around.
JP_Losman
AG
given the reactions here, i'm guessing the demand won't be high enough to maintain the $150+
asking price in the secondary market.

I bet we can get them for under $100 the week before the event
kerrag06
AG
Boy I bet you guys would absolutely make fun of the fact my Tech gf got us 2 Platinum VIP tickets for 500 each that Saturday- Garrison Brothers VIP or something like that. I'm expecting a few big name golfers to still commit to the tournament and y'all can hate on Aldean all you want- I'm pretty dang pumped to be stage-side surrounded by what I get guessing will be tons of hot ladies in skirts and cowboy boots! She's already set rules as far as not going too early and not exactly making the evening portion (the drinks and following golfers all day can get to you TRUST ME). Flame away as you will. I bet that ends up being a heck of a day/night to remember. She also got us free lower level Tim McGraw tickets for the rodeo through work. She's on fire this year so far in my book! But I'm sure you guys hate him too…
jja79
AG
We did hospitality 3 years at the Valero. Find out what time the venue you're in opens and starts serving. Get there then. You can't take beverages outside the venue so no reason to leave.
JP_Losman
AG
just bought tickets. $150 is reasonable given the gates open at 7am and don't close until 10
Prexys Moon
AG
Willy Wonka said:

AustinCountyAg said:

They're gonna have to pay me more than $150 to go to a Jason Aldean concert.
good lord why do they have to mess up golf with one of the top dewshbag bro country cheeseballs out there.
LCE
AG
Won't make fun of you for the tickets, but will for your gf having you on a leash and setting the rules. Drink all the GB and Uber.
AustinCountyAg
JP_Losman said:

just bought tickets. $150 is reasonable given the gates open at 7am and don't close until 10
no, no it's not.
AustinCountyAg
jja79 said:

We did hospitality 3 years at the Valero. Find out what time the venue you're in opens and starts serving. Get there then. You can't take beverages outside the venue so no reason to leave.
I agree. I've done the suite thing numerous times at PGA tournaments, and nothing beats getting there early in the morning watching groups come through drinking a mimosa, or whatever you prefer. Enjoy the entire day and pace yourself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.