Streamsong

2,175 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jckrjr7
htownag2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed there in a couple weeks. Any tips/suggestions for the trip outside of the usual hit the ball straight?
We'll be doing all the golf stuff. Any of the other activities must-do's? I've done a decent amount of bass fishing, so I'll probably pass on that.
WhoopN06
Play Black in the afternoon. Have drinks and dinner at the clubhouse and enjoy the putting course.
tlfw378
AG
I've only been once. I played blue, then black. We had caddies. The putting course at the black was fun. Food, bar, and service was top notch. Golf is tough. I'm jealous.

Do you have a full foresome? My buddy and I went with the wives. We got the caddies they got the spa. On the blue course, it was awesome with just us 2 and our caddies. The next day on the black, it wasn't as much fun when we were paired with 3 asshats, who were bad a golf, and had no golf etiquette. I don't blame Streamsong for their behavior, but if I were play there again, I'd like to fill the foresome with buddies.

Oh, and the food at the halfway house is tremendous.
TXAGGIES
If you can manage to hold the green in the pond by the pool, ill buy you a drink.

Not sure If it's still there but it was a ~20x20 floating green about 40 yards outand you pay like $5 for 10 balls to hold the green. You win a beer if you do.

Diego
AG
WhoopN06 said:

Play Black in the afternoon. Have drinks and dinner at the clubhouse and enjoy the putting course.
THIS!
cb1919
AG
We did Black in the morning and then spent the afternoon after lunch on the putting course/par 3.

Whatever time you do it, the putting course is a great time especially if you get a good waitress that keeps the beers coming out to you.

Adirondack chairs overlooking 18 on black also a great place to sit back with a cold one and settle up bets for the day.
htownag2007
AG
There are a bunch of us going, so we've got 4 or 5 times booked. We are playing 1 round a day mid-morning, so we'll have some good downtime. There will definitely be lots of time (and probably money) spent at the monster putting green.
JBAB
htownag2007 said:

There are a bunch of us going, so we've got 4 or 5 times booked. We are playing 1 round a day mid-morning, so we'll have some good downtime. There will definitely be lots of time (and probably money) spent at the monster putting green.
Did this similar trip earlier in the year with a group of 12. Fun place. Black course has some CRAZY greens.

I'd say the food/restaurants are all somewhat similar. Nothing really sticks out as a must do. As others have said golf, pool (buy a big bucket of balls to hit at green in the pond), do the putting green, also do the par 3 course (not great but a good time). Red & Blue share a clubhouse and there's not anything to do there other than golf & dining. Black has the par 3 course and the putting course.

Stop at CVS/grocery store/liquor store and stock up on anything you think you may need once you're there...you aren't leaving once you get there.

Shuttles are well staffed & run frequently. Food & beverage service is definitely lacking. I heard that new management has come in but overall the bar/bev services were not adequate when we were there.

Other than that it's a great time/place. We didn't do any of the fishing either. I'll let you decide which course is your favorite...we all had our own opinions! Let me know if you have questions.
19AG84
AG
WhoopN06 said:

If you fail to do this.....do not go. Our group had an extremely good time. The service was SPECTACULAR!!!!
htownag2007
AG
We get there early afternoon the first day and like plan to spend the afternoon between the bar, par 3 course, and the green.

Are there beverage shacks on the courses at all?
TXAGGIES
htownag2007 said:

We get there early afternoon the first day and like plan to spend the afternoon between the bar, par 3 course, and the green.

I remember one around hole 8-9 on Red as you do not go back in at the turn and we got drinks sausage on a stick for caddie etc. I can't remember if the had beverage carts or not as it was pre covid when I went.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I have a buddy who lives nearby and another retired buddy is a Marshall there...

Looking forward to one day play there with free lodging and reduced green fees!
cb1919
AG
TXAGGIES said:

htownag2007 said:

I remember one around hole 8-9 on Red as you do not go back in at the turn and we got drinks sausage on a stick for caddie etc. I can't remember if the had beverage carts or not as it was pre covid when I went.

Black had one by 10 tee. Supposedly really good lobster rolls but that didn't sound very good with 9 more holes to walk.

Blue had one by 10 tee as well (I think but may have been 9).

I don't remember ever seeing a cart girl, so have to load up with that you need at the turns.
Matsui
AG
Played there this summer. Awesome place.
jckrjr7
AG
Leaning towards heading here for my annual father-father in law- son golf trip. How tough are the courses?
JBAB
not overly hard....but definitely not easy. difficulty is the greens and the fact that there's sand everywhere. slope/ratings of the courses isn't too bad.
WhoopN06
I actually shot a pretty good score on the Red. 75 or 76. The wind blew the next day on the black probably didn't break 90. The black course isn't one you want to play in a stuff breeze.
htownag2007
AG
Thanks. We're going to be walking with caddies, so it looks like we will both be carrying something...
jckrjr7
AG
Just got back from my annual father/father in law trip. Courses were in great shape and they were very playable for high handicapers. I'm a 13 handicap and shot 87,89, 85, 86 on the various courses. I really enjoyed the black course, I feel like it's something I hadn't seen. The par 3's on each course stuck out, the 5th hole on blue was a lot of fun.

Also if you don't mind the heat, I feel like the summer play is the best bang for your buck as far as resort golf go. All in with hotels, flights, etc I think I got the trip done for $1500.
AustinCountyAg
did you stay at the resort?
jckrjr7
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

did you stay at the resort?

Yes the rooms were great and pretty affordable. The double bed rooms were $100/night per person
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.