Netflix/PGA "hard knocks" style show

2,426 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JCA1
txaggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cb1919
AG
They certainly have better names than I thought they'd get. If it's anywhere close to Drive to Survive, it will be awesome.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm excited for this. Cool that all of the majors (even the Masters!) are allowing filming.

https://golf.com/news/netflix-pga-tour-show-players-involved/
lazuras_dc
AG
in
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Definitely watching this.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
I'm all over this! Should be fun!
Matsui
AG
Should be awesome can't wait!
jj9000
AG
DJ: I hit ball
DJ: I walk to ball
DJ: I putt ball

...aaaaand end scene

940Ag
AG
Saw a post on social media regarding this Netflix release... "It's already hard as it is to get weekend tee times, and now this."
The game keeps getting more popular, but overall that's great for the game. But more people playing does mean more on the courses and possibly slower rounds. Club I belong to is seeing record numbers. Great for the club revenue, but I will say it's caused some slow rounds on Saturday or Sunday.
Leander - Ag
AG
Yes please
JCA1
AG
940Ag said:

Saw a post on social media regarding this Netflix release... "It's already hard as it is to get weekend tee times, and now this."
The game keeps getting more popular, but overall that's great for the game. But more people playing does mean more on the courses and possibly slower rounds. Club I belong to is seeing record numbers. Great for the club revenue, but I will say it's caused some slow rounds on Saturday or Sunday.

Maybe but this doesn't strike me as the show for people debating whether to take up golf. This is pretty "inside baseball" and feels like the target audience is people that are already pretty big golf fans.
ElCheAg
AG
Badass! Mr. Bond told me About this the other day.
bbry81
The f1 series brought in a ton of new racing fans. I personally know of a ton including myself. Could do the same for golf.
clobby
AG
Putt to survive?
Buford T. Justice
AG
Same for Brooks.
WhoopN06
If the PGATour has final cut approval for this show it will suck. They're too image conscious and over censor everything about the tour. Hell they DMCA take down requested that brooks / Bryson video off of social media.

What makes drive to survive so great is the show producers have final cut.
JYDog90
AG
clobby said:

Putt to survive?

Drive for Show
Formerly Willy Wonka
Big Al 1992
AG
When does this start?
boy09
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

When does this start?
It sounds like they plan to film through this season's Tour Championship. Based on that timeline, i would imagine it wouldn't be released until very late this year or early 2023.
JCA1
AG
This would be much more interesting if it aired as close to real time as possible like Hard Knocks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.