Trip with golf in June 2022

1,523 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cr06gis
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Want to do one in June 2022 with wives who don't golf, was thinking Napa or Scottsdale any other suggestions. Would love to to Bandon but that's a golf golf trip IMO. 2 rounds a day with little time for anything else
investorAg83
AG
Adding Carmel…it's the annual trip for the wife and I. San Diego is another good spot for both.

I'd do Scottsdale over Napa 10 times out of 10; if you want Napa, I'd suggest Paso Robles as an alternative that's a bit easier on the budget and very similar.

Charleston is another great choice.
AustinCountyAg
charleston if the wives are going...they can shop around town, or spa at kiawah while you play ocean course

Heat could be an issue in AZ?

Carmel is great rec also, but $$
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yeah I need to look at average temps don't want it to be too hot
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Bend, OR if y'all are into the outdoors. Some awesome courses and lots to see when not golfing.

Not a whole lot of shopping (compared to the others mentioned) though if that's what the wives want to do
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Tahoe could be good too. Same story as Bend though.
evestor1
St Simons Island

Charlestone SC

I love the Southeast! There are a ton of others spots in that general area as well.
jja79
AG
One thing about Arizona in June as opposed to other options. It is the off season so pricing is greatly reduced. I assume the other options are in their prime season with pricing to reflect the same. You can play the primo courses much more affordably.
AustinCountyAg
jja is speaking truth. I went this past May and played all the big name courses. Quintero was the most expensive at $125 ish.

weather wise days were in the 50's teeing off and near 90 in the afternoon. The week after we left was triple digits. I'd expect that to be the norm in June. Granted it was manageable, but still hot nonetheless.
aggietony2010
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

jja is speaking truth. I went this past May and played all the big name courses. Quintero was the most expensive at $125 ish.

weather wise days were in the 50's teeing off and near 90 in the afternoon. The week after we left was triple digits. I'd expect that to be the norm in June. Granted it was manageable, but still hot nonetheless.

The heat is brutal if you're doing anything outside of early morning rounds. But you will save a good deal..will have your pick of just about anything for under $150.
investorAg83
AG
jja79 said:

One thing about Arizona in June as opposed to other options. It is the off season so pricing is greatly reduced. I assume the other options are in their prime season with pricing to reflect the same. You can play the primo courses much more affordably.

This is always factored into the 'trips with golf' for us. Great point.
jja79
AG
It gets much hotter in July - mid-September. No idea where you're located but it's probably hot there too in June. June is their driest month so there will be virtually no humidity.

One other thing. Hotels are also much cheaper in June than fall, winter and spring.
Wicked Good Ag
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Bend, OR if y'all are into the outdoors. Some awesome courses and lots to see when not golfing.

Not a whole lot of shopping (compared to the others mentioned) though if that's what the wives want to do
This during June

Willimette Valley wineries for the wives would be a great day trip while you get 36 holes in
jja79
AG
The high today in PHX has been 68. Not what I was expecting.
Yesterday
AG
How do the courses look in June? One thing I love about desert golf in the winter is the lush rye grass.

As for the OP. Remember June Gloom for places like San Diego and Carmel.
JCA1
AG
I've done a couple days in Napa, then drive down to Pebble for golf. It's a pretty awesome trip.
DGAG92
AG
Farmneck on Martha's Vineyard…..plenty to do when not playing.
T-Woody2014
AG
Hilton head is always a good choice
AgOutsideAustin
AG
jja79 said:

It gets much hotter in July - mid-September. No idea where you're located but it's probably hot there too in June. June is their driest month so there will be virtually no humidity.

One other thing. Hotels are also much cheaper in June than fall, winter and spring.

Yep I was researching for a future Scottsdale trip and the first week of June they drop to their summer rates. Still 100 degrees at least but you could play Quintero for around $75.
cr06gis
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

This during June

Willimette Valley wineries for the wives would be a great day trip while you get 36 holes in
Imagine a car full of drunk Texas women attempting HWY 20 over the Cascades to get back to Bend after a day of Pinot tasting. "You got this, girl"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.