(Purist look away) golf speakers

6,079 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rusty GCS
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's good out there? The one I have now is several years old and doesn't always last a full round.

Such a crap shoot on the quality of sound, fit in a cart, durability, etc without hearing first hand recommendations
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Most Bluetooth speakers made these days will last a whole round and sound pretty good.
aggiebonzo
AG
This is what I have and it's perfect for the golf course. It has a strap that can secure it right to the cart where you can change the volume easily if needed. Music is just fine on the course as long as you respect the others playing around you!

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_speakers/soundlink-micro.html?mc=25_PS_SP_PL_00_GO_&gclid=CjwKCAjwhaaKBhBcEiwA8acsHCfSKgousDWsOSFSKTf_4znEc99oBoloxvEvAxQV18SW9vo3N6LbVxoCg4oQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#v=soundlink_micro_black
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I've heard good things about the Bushnell one that has GPS built in. Probably more than you're looking for though.

https://www.bushnellgolf.com/products/gps/wingman-speaker/
Rusty GCS
AG
I don't mind the price. I just don't need the GPS. I already double dip on yardage. Keep an app open for course overview, layup distances, and distance to the front/center/back of the green, then use a range finder to get exact pin distance.
rhtexfish
AG
Bose are hard to beat
Sea Speed
AG
For a cheap speaker you don't care much about, this iHome fits perfectly in a cup holder and can get pretty loud if you want it to. It also can be perfect for cart only jams.
Sea Speed
AG
Pretty sure this is the current version.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BZSZWGY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_DX6YAQN58WT62XRXC5SE
jj9000
AG
UE Boom

Fits perfectly in the cart cupholder.
CCred92
AG
JBL Flip. Stays charged for 4 rounds.
Mr.Bond
AG
Rokform use promo code SUBPAR for $25 off

BADASS magnet and last over 6 rounds in Arizona on one charge. Can sync up 2 speakers as well

https://www.rokform.com/products/g-rok-golf-speaker?variant=31072535314501¤cy=USD&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqKuKBhCxARIsACf4XuG1a9gMAJGATMMBeGSeq8TFfCfkGgSdTGsZnbuWwd_zmo1VWqk0vb4aAnpFEALw_wcB
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

G Martin 87
AG
Latest review of the top options:

https://mygolfspy.com/best-bluetooth-speakers-2021/

I use a JBL Clip and am very happy with it.
jja79
AG
I always hear them talking about this but I'm usually half paying attention so I don't catch the name. Thanks for the link.
Mr.Bond
AG
Anytime buddy. I have 2 and it's like a rock concert
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

AustinCountyAg
Mr.Bond said:

BADASS magnet and last over 6 rounds in Arizona on one charge. Can sync up 2 speakers as well

https://www.rokform.com/products/g-rok-golf-speaker?variant=31072535314501¤cy=USD&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqKuKBhCxARIsACf4XuG1a9gMAJGATMMBeGSeq8TFfCfkGgSdTGsZnbuWwd_zmo1VWqk0vb4aAnpFEALw_wcB
does it last over 6 rounds in other states besides AZ?
Muy
AG
I bought a G-Rok on Amazon last year for ~$65, it has a magnet that can damn bear lift the cart, sounds great, and I can forget to charge it and 2 weeks later it still cranks up on the course.
jja79
AG
12 in SE Texas.
G Martin 87
AG
jja79 said:

I always hear them talking about this but I'm usually half paying attention so I don't catch the name. Thanks for the link.
microSD card support is a very cool feature. No bluetooth or streaming needed. May have to consider switching to two of these.
jja79
AG
Have no idea what you're talking about but that sounds like it must be good.
G Martin 87
AG
jja79 said:

Have no idea what you're talking about but that sounds like it must be good.
"Don't have reception at your course? No problem, the G-ROK can hold a 32GB SD card so you can store up to 5,000 songs and enjoy music without even needing your phone."
jja79
AG
Got it. I'm technology lazy. I have an 18 year old so I outsource that function.
FbgTxAg
AG
Dammit! I really didn't need one of these.

But I just bought one anyway.
Danny and the Dingo
AG
I can second the recommendation on the Rokform speaker. The magnet feature is clutch to not take up cup holder space in the cart, and sound quality and charge length are great. The promo code mentioned above makes it a no brainer.
jelfag06
AG
JBL Flip 5.. fits perfect in the golf cart storage bin on top of the cart and great sound
Mr.Bond
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Mr.Bond said:

does it last over 6 rounds in other states besides AZ?

That's untested.....could be the lack of humidity

Bunk Moreland
Usually bring my bose out. That thing has been beat to hell and just keeps on tickin
G Martin 87
AG
jja79 said:

Got it. I'm technology lazy. I have an 18 year old so I outsource that function.
Your 18 year old may not even know how to put songs on a microSD card. If it doesn't involve Pandora or Spotify, the kids don't get it either.
boy09
AG
Rusty GCS said:

I don't mind the price. I just don't need the GPS. I already double dip on yardage. Keep an app open for course overview, layup distances, and distance to the front/center/back of the green, then use a range finder to get exact pin distance.

I have the Bushnell Wingman and don't really use the GPS. It's a great speaker. The built in magnet is nice to just stick it anywhere on the golf cart.
hunterjr81
Where are the purist at? I am disappointed there has not been any negative comments for my reading entertainment.

I will try to righten the ship. You cant play real golf with dumb music playing..... Be sure to tune in music from the 50's and 60's as those are the best decades for music.
powerbelly
AG
hunterjr81 said:

Where are the purist at? I am disappointed there has not been any negative comments for my reading entertainment.

I will try to righten the ship. You cant play real golf with dumb music playing..... Be sure to tune in music from the 50's and 60's as those are the best decades for music.
I can one up you. If music is used to help with tempo it is by definition cheating.
G Martin 87
AG
hunterjr81 said:

Golf playlists probably deserve their own thread, but here are some of the tunes in mine. (The full list has > 9 hours of music.) Along with staples like Back in Black, Low Rider, China Grove, Pick Up the Pieces, and most of SRV's discography, I have a bunch of other jazz/fusion/rock pieces.

Church - Galactic
Cantaloop - Us3
Chili Hot - Us3
Shellah V - Chris Joss
My City Was Gone - The Pretenders (always gets thumbs up in memory of el Rushbo)
Destroyer - The Kinks
Dazz - Brick
Funk #49 - James Gang
Cool Thieves - Gramatik
***** - Rolling Stones
Jungle Boogie - Kool & the Gang
Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
Good Time - Arc Angels
Groove Me - King Floyd
Do You Wanna Get Down - The Soul Snatchers
Free Ride - Edgar Winter Group

Pinche Guero
AG
CCred92 said:

JBL Flip. Stays charged for 4 rounds.

Yup, used the same one for like 3-4 years and it still has 15 hours battery life on a charge
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Friday I'll be watching and listening to Ryder Cup while playing.

That replaces our normal "Beach Boys Friday" routine
AG
I used a UE Megaboom for years. My dad randomly bought me a Bushnell Wingman while playing at his club over Easter. I've been using that since. Battery life is really good, its a little smaller than the Megaboom and the GPS is nice to have sometimes. As mentioned above, the magnet is really strong and it's nice to stick it up out of the way.
DeBoss
AG
I use Rokform and love the magnetic part. I use it for golf, hunting, and on the patio at the ranch. Get one with a magnet so you have the extra space.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.