****2021 RYDER CUP****

24,167 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aginlakeway
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bryson and Brooks chatting on the range today. Seems they are burying the hatchet for now.
Rough is low, greens are soft. Should be great television!

Baby Billy
AG
clobby
AG
USA USA USA!
Sea Speed
AG
This seems so staged
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Sea Speed said:

This seems so staged

On Live From tonight on the Golf Channel Brooks and Bryson were said to have something in the works together before the end of the year. Reporter said they both said it would be exciting and fun.

For whatever that means.
Sea Speed
AG
yea i just meant the whole thing and it was caught and put out on the official ryder cup twitter. like oh brooks go chat with bryson for 2 seconds and we will make it seem super intense and awesome.

I am sure they will leverage their feud in to something that makes them both a bunch of money, it would be the smart thing to do.
Ag_07
AG
They already have.

Their sponsors we're in on it and hey tapped into that social interaction bonus pool.

It's was all one big publicity stunt.

With all that said I'm ready for some Ryder Cup action!!!
txaggie05
AG
I'm done talking about those two until the teams tee off.

That being said - LFG!
bigjag19
AG
Feels good to get out of Texas every now and then.
AustinCountyAg
for some reason I am just not that interested in the RC this year. Normally I get pretty pumped. IMO it may have to do with the "bigger named" american guys being somewhat quiet as of late (DJ, Spieth, etc). I have a hard time getting pumped up watching Harris English and Daniel Berger.

It's a shame Brooks, and Bryons little beef are between two Americans and not one of them being UK. It would actually add some interesting **** talking between the teams. This year seems kinda blah. Not to mention Whistling Straits does nothing for me course wise to get excited about. The team is missing Patrick Reed in a bad way.
Ag_07
AG
Don't get me wrong I love this country and I feel we're all blessed to live here. Wouldn't want to be from or live anywhere else in the world.

But...Part of me wishes I was European so I could cheer for Poults every Ryder Cup. Dude is just so incredibly nails and would be so much fun to root for.
bigjag19
AG
The Europeans are staying next to me.
aggiedent
AG
Did anybody watch Bryson's question and answer session yesterday?

It seemed to me he was pretty subdued over most of the questions. The only time he got really animated was when he was talking about getting his ball speed over 200 and how he wanted to "entertain" people.

Sometimes it makes me wonder what his priorities are in golf. I just get the feeling at times he's as concerned with "the long hitting show" as he is with improving his whole game or playing in a team setting. I'm not saying he doesn't want to improve his whole game, but he sure seems to spend a lot of time focusing on what he calls "entertainment."

Or maybe I'm totally off base.

AustinCountyAg
aggiedent said:

It seemed to me he was pretty subdued over most of the questions. The only time he got really animated was when he was talking about getting his ball speed over 200 and how he wanted to "entertain" people.

Sometimes it makes me wonder what his priorities are in golf. I just get the feeling at times he's as concerned with "the long hitting show" as he is with improving his whole game or playing in a team setting. I'm not saying he doesn't want to improve his whole game, but he sure seems to spend a lot of time focusing on what he calls "entertainment."

I think he's weird AF. that has a lot to do with how he is.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
bigjag19 said:

The Europeans are staying next to me.

Time to take for one for the team and blare some music all night to get them off their game.
Ag_07
AG
You're not off base at all

He's competing in the World Long Drive Championship coming up.

He's a circus act meathead just like all those long drive guys and he embraces it.
Sea Speed
AG
He isn't a meat head. He is a caricature of a meat head as drawn by a nerd.
WhoopN06
Newsflash guys. Most of the US team does not give a single **** about the Ryder Cup.
Sea Speed
AG
I've often wondered about that. Is there money in it or anything other than bragging rights and a line on the resume?
WhoopN06
Nothing. Just pride /. q score
_lefraud_
AG
Maybe if team golf were a thing here, it would mean more. Everything is individual, it's the American way I suppose.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

aggiedent said:

I think he's weird AF. that has a lot to do with how he is.
The money is in endorsements, not prize money.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
aggiedent
AG
I think you are 100% wrong.

It might not be important to a few self-centered types who over value themselves. Perhaps Bryson and Brooks might be candidates, but most guys who grew up with golf would give a testicle to play in a Ryder Cup and represent their country.

The greats of the game considered it important and every serious golfer wants to be do the things the greats did. Never mind the fact, that the world is watching you and to lay an egg in Ryder Cup competition is to become forever know as a choker. Even a cold hearted guy like Brooks doesn't want to embarrass himself in one of the most watched contests in golf.

Naw……………, those guys want to play in it and do well.
Matsui
AG
They want it.
Ag_07
AG
I don't think you're totally off.

I think most guys would do anything to play in a Ryder Cup but I don't think they'd do anything to win a Ryder Cup.

I think the Olympics are the same way. It's a big deal to represent your country and play in the Olympics but they're not upset if they don't win gold.

It's fun and competitive but winning isn't the big prize. The big prize is being in the team.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't think you're totally off.

I think most guys would do anything to play in a Ryder Cup but I don't think they'd do anything to win a Ryder Cup.

I think the Olympics are the same way. It's a big deal to represent your country and play in the Olympics but they're not upset if they don't win gold.

It's fun and competitive but winning isn't the big prize. The big prize is being in the team.

I dunno. Most of these guys are pretty cutthroat (had to be to be able to get to the level of golf competition they are at) and hate losing. I'm thinking they are definitely wanting to win.
jja79
AG
I think if you get your mail in the US, your kids go to school in the US or your kids are natural born US citizens you should play for the US. Then we would always win. Bern Weisberger would be the only guy on the European team.
aggiedent
AG
Lanny Watkins, who holds one of the better W-L records in his 8 Ryder Cups, once said he was never more nervous than teeing off in the Ryder Cup. That it was the only time he couldn't stop his hands shaking.

In the 1997 Ryder Cup, Tiger and O'Meara got into a squabble prior to their foresome match because O'Meara thought Tiger would be best on the odd holes, but Tiger did not want to hit the first shot because of nerves.

Koepka said the most nervous he has been playing golf was teeing off the first time at Hazeltine.

Patrick Reed said he had trouble breathing on the tee of his debut in the Ryder Cup.

You really don't think winning is important to these guys? Hell………, every time I ever play anything………., I want to win. It's called being competitive. Mix in the Ryder Cup and playing for your country………., yeah, they want to win big time.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I'm not sure that it's the Americans aren't amped up to win but all of the other BS they have to put up with that they wouldn't normally have to outside of a "normal" week. I'm sure all of the extra media, dinners, ceremonies, "bonding time", etc are pretty disruptive to their routines. Maybe the Euros just handle it better due to the extensive travel on the Euro tour.
DGAG92
AG
bigjag19 said:

Feels good to get out of Texas every now and then.

It's actually cooler here in Texas this morning.
Class of 1992
tandy miller
AG
How can I watch?
FJB
bigjag19
AG

Windowshopper
Dumbass millennials can't do anything for themselves these days

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=how+to+watch+ryder+cup+2021
tandy miller
AG
Link doesn't work
FJB
bigjag19
AG
I can golf with Riggle.

AJ Hawk crushed his drive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.