Shot My personal best round ever Saturday

1,161 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 84HartAg
84HartAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
72 on a par 70 course. Was able to get out of trouble when needed, sank some putts, chipped one in, one very unlikely birdie after a horrific tee shot.
I'm 59 and have been playing since I was 14.
2 years ago I could count on one hand the number of times I had broke 80. Lost count now but most of the time it's 78 or 79.
Shot a 75 about a month ago.
Played yesterday with very low expectations after playing so well the day before, drank more than usual and didn't fret over any of my bad shots. Shot 86. Just thankful of my round the day before, and wondering if I'm going to die this week or something….. lol

Fickle game.
AggieDruggist89
AG
84HartAg said:

72 on a par 70 course. Was able to get out of trouble when needed, sank some putts, chipped one in, one very unlikely birdie after a horrific tee shot.
I'm 59 and have been playing since I was 14.
2 years ago I could count on one hand the number of times I had broke 80. Lost count now but most of the time it's 78 or 79.
Shot a 75 about a month ago.
Played yesterday with very low expectations after playing so well the day before, drank more than usual and didn't fret over any of my bad shots. Shot 86. Just thankful of my round the day before, and wondering if I'm going to die this week or something….. lol

Fickle game.

You've become the old geezer we used to make fun of... Not long enough to knock one out of the park... Keep em in play... Good chipping...and make some putts.

I too am right behind you.

Good job!
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/v8jYXMc3/Xy66wFs.png[/img]
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Congrats on your next round of 90!

agsalaska
AG
What do you think the difference is between your old game that never produced sub 80 scores and your new game that does often?

For the record I have gone the opposite direction. I am 44 and have gone from about a 76 stroke average five years ago to an 81 today.
Matsui
AG
Congrats!!!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
agsalaska said:

What do you think the difference is between your old game that never produced sub 80 scores and your new game that does often?

For the record I have gone the opposite direction. I am 44 and have gone from about a 76 stroke average five years ago to an 81 today.

Probably bought a misig.
Muy
AG
Playing the whites or blues?
84HartAg
AG
Short game. I bought 2 wedges about 6 years ago (56 and a 60). Was very inconsistent with them until about 2 years ago when an old friend that I hadn't seen in 10 years, and hadn't played golf with in about 30 years told me to try choking way up on my wedges around the green. 2 fingers on metal. That has helped.
Also, when I'm just off the green and it's a flat approach, I use an 8 iron and pretty much use a putter type stroke. More times than not I can get it to gimme range with my 8 iron in this situation. I tried a new putting method a few years ago that I picked up from hearing Pat Perez tell how he putts. That has helped.

I don't use the forward tees. I was a member at a 9 hole course for 20+ years, so we didn't have multiple sets of men's tees. Just front 9 tees, back 9 tees, women's, and Sr tees. I never play Sr tees. I moved and joined another 9 hole course recently, same deal but no Sr tees.
When I play courses that have several sets of men's tees, I play the tips or the blues. Still hit my driver 240-260 consistently, occasionally hit it 280-300 depending on wind and how dry the fairways are. 3 metal 230, 4 iron 200, etc.

Being at a point in my life that I get to play more often is probably the biggest factor of all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.