pecan lakes navasota

1,385 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody played out there recently? Curious what kind of shape it is in.
dcrewint
A friend of mine who actually enjoys Pecan said he went their last week and he's tempted to never go back. He said everything (and especially the greens) were awful. He isn't even a golf snob and said he'd prefer just to go play Brenham CC.
AustinCountyAg
dcrewint said:

A friend of mine who actually enjoys Pecan said he went their last week and he's tempted to never go back. He said everything (and especially the greens) were awful. He isn't even a golf snob and said he'd prefer just to go play Brenham CC.
those were the two options I was thinking. I enjoy brenham. but thinking I could mix it up.....guess not
Bunk Moreland
I last played in May I think, and I have no desire to go back.
Rusty GCS
AG
Lingering issues from the freeze back in May?
dcrewint
Yes. The greens were awful back in May or June when I last played. I played with the same friend I mentioned above. He said when he played last week it was even worse. Boxes overly furry, greens awful, pasture.
jckrjr7
AG
I played Brenham about a month ago and it was in the best shape I've ever seen it.
pookbck
AG
Played there two weeks ago. Greens are atrocious to put it nicely. Could be a great course in my opinion if they put a little time and money in it. Won't be going back for a while.
Bunk Moreland
pookbck said:

Played there two weeks ago. Greens are atrocious to put it nicely. Could be a great course in my opinion if they put a little time and money in it. Won't be going back for a while.

I know there was some freeze stuff back in May but imo that's the bigger issue. Feels like they've stopped trying completely.
Thisguy1
The problem is they didn't do anything to fix the freeze issues. A&M closed and re-did the greens. Briarcrest put in 18 temporary greens and re-did the greens. Pecan Lakes just enjoyed the increase in business and hoped the issues would resolve themselves.
AustinCountyAg
Brenham was is excellent shape yesterday
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.