Tapatio Springs in Borne

2,197 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SouthAustinAgSwag
Southside AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on this place for an anniversary weekend in September? Interested in reviews of the resort, golf and spa. Thanks.
jgh85Ag
AG
Nice course.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
TecRecAg
AG
It's more golf than anything. Rooms are decent on the inside, pretty dated on the outside. Restaurant and bar are great. Went with 5 couples a few months ago. The girls enjoyed wine tours offsite while we played golf.

Course is really nice. In good shape. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Southside AG
AG
We do Fredericksburg a lot and like the wine tours. Trying to do something new. I didn't know there were wine tours in Borne?
TecRecAg
AG
Maybe I'm using "tour" loosely. They hired a shuttle service to drive them to some wineries that were about 30 minutes away.

Must have been pretty good wine. When we got back they were 10x more hammered than us guys were.
DGAG92
AG
It's BOERNE.
Class of 1992
07fta07
AG
I'll be there Labor Day weekend. Will try to remember to report back.
lazuras_dc
AG
We went last fall and it was a blast. Course was in great shape, restaurant, spa, all were very nice. Also, eat at Peggy's on the Green in Boerne.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
I'll be playing this course next Thursday. The wife is getting a spa treatment while I play. Excited to check out the course and resort.
JYDog90
AG
DGAG92 said:

It's BOERNE.

The Boerne Identity.

I love that movie.
Formerly Willy Wonka
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
These membership rates seem very reasonable too:

https://www.tapatiosprings.com/club-membership/membership-packages/
07fta07
AG
I was there Labor Day weekend. The course was significantly improved from when I was there about 10 years ago. I wouldn't say it's great, but it's definitely good and a really fun course and was in good shape. I played it twice and would absolutely go back.

The clubhouse/restaurant is very nice now and the food was very good. Wife said the spa was excellent.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Was there Labor Day weekend as well. Good course. Greens were pretty slow but ran true. Wife enjoyed the resort and going into town. We didn't get to try most of the restaurants as they were all booked (assuming because of Labor Day weekend). Would go back
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Just finished a great time at Tapatio Springs. Played on Thursday and Friday morning. It rained cats and dogs on Thursday night so the course was crazy wet on Friday, but it's good shape IMO. I am just getting into the game so I was relatively happy that I shot close to 90. Nearly had an ace on the short par 3 third hole.

Friday was a really great day. As I was coming off the course around 11 and was about to leave the resort, my wife and I noticed a bunch of people wearing Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis Foundation shirts. We struck up a conversation with them since our 10 year old son has Crohn's (just diagnosed in March this year). They let me know know that had open spots in a foursome and invited me to play. So I joined up with a group of other guys and played the tournament (best ball) with them. The guys in my group were really good golfers and great dudes. One of them was teammates with Peter Burns (SECN) on the UTSA golf team. We only used my ball 3 times the whole round, but I had a great time and got to support a foundation that will be critical to my son's life.
Obi Wan Ginobili
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Just finished a great time at Tapatio Springs. Played on Thursday and Friday morning. It rained cats and dogs on Thursday night so the course was crazy wet on Friday, but it's good shape IMO. I am just getting into the game so I was relatively happy that I shot close to 90. Nearly had an ace on the short par 3 third hole.

Friday was a really great day. As I was coming off the course around 11 and was about to leave the resort, my wife and I noticed a bunch of people wearing Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis Foundation shirts. We struck up a conversation with them since our 10 year old son has Crohn's (just diagnosed in March this year). They let me know know that had open spots in a foursome and invited me to play. So I joined up with a group of other guys and played the tournament (best ball) with them. The guys in my group were really good golfers and great dudes. One of them was teammates with Peter Burns (SECN) on the UTSA golf team. We only used my ball 3 times the whole round, but I had a great time and got to support a foundation that will be critical to my son's life.

I just played in that same event yesterday! Went -17 under and didn't even finish top 5. Scrambles are a joke lol.

Course was in good shape. Greens look nice but are a little fuzzy and rolling really slow.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Lol. I think my team may have won. We only had one par. I think we had 3 or more eagles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.