Garmin Approach R10 - launch monitor and simulator

2,288 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stick93
AndersonAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had previously asked about the quality of the Optishot and given the feedback and online reviews, it didn't seem like it was worth the $. I had considered the mevo+ and the sky track but for $2k it was hard to justify as poorly as I play.

I recently came across the Garmin Approach R10 and at $600, the few reviews that are out there make it seem like it'd be a decent simulator to get some extra practice at home.

Has anyone seen this or considered it?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/695391
'03ag
I'm very interested as well, and I have no doubt that it will be a better home sim than optishot. There's a pretty long discussion about it on golfwrx.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1822406-garmin-approach-r10-portable-golf-launch-monitor/page/9/

I would not consider any of the reviews you've seen reliable. There's basically only one dude out there and he hasn't posted any hard data.

It's going to be one of those things where you have to consider that you're paying $600 and you can't expect $2000 accuracy at a $600 price point.

I'm going to wait and see what the Bushnell unit is like before buying the Garmin. And I'll need to see REAL accuracy tests for both. The Bushnell is going to be optical and they're partnering with foresight. Will be interesting.
retiredintx
AG
When is the bushnell system expected to hit the market?
'03ag
"fall 2021"
'03ag
The thing Garmin will have going for it is the sim feature. I think it's supposed to be $100 a year and basically if you can get the course on your Garmin watch, you can play it in sim. It won't be anywhere near an E6 style sim, but still pretty nice. Imagine being able to play whatever local course you can imagine the night before on sim.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I took the chance and have a pre order in, according to the update I just got, they will start shipping this week
AndersonAg08
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I took the chance and have a pre order in, according to the update I just got, they will start shipping this week

I did too but I didn't get a time estimate. Will be interesting to see how it is.
BEaggie08
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Sweet. I have an order in as well.
jagged
AG
Anybody get one of these yet? I went as far as putting my email on their list for when they were ready to order again, but I think I skipped over the extra step to validate the email address.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I think mine should ship next week
AndersonAg08
AG
jagged said:

Anybody get one of these yet? I went as far as putting my email on their list for when they were ready to order again, but I think I skipped over the extra step to validate the email address.

Mine came in a couple weeks ago. I don't know about it's accuracy compared to the higher end units but it seems pretty good. We've played (courses on E6Connect and regular driving range) it in a barn and in the yard, both into a net and have had a blast with it. Shot shape and distance has been overall about what I would expect for me. We hit a few into the pasture just to compare against hitting into a net and everything seemed spot on. I would definitely buy it again. It's exactly what I was looking for as far as feedback while practicing at home and not at the $2k price point.
stick93
AG
Really enjoying mine. I've only used it in the garage and the distance is a little short(5-10%) but it is consistent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.