Hot Springs golf

1,170 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
rrose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to Hot Springs in late July. Staying out at lake Hamilton. How do you play some of the courses around and in village if you are not staying there? Are there other courses outside village to play? Any recommendations will help.
AustinCountyAg
Was in hot springs for the first and last time last week. No idea about the golf, but the rainbow warriors are everywhere around there.

Pretty annoying having to explain to my three year olds why the guy serving us at dinner is wearing purple hair and fake fingernails
AggieDruggist89
AG
Village is where you want to golf. Isabella, Granada, ponce de Leon, Magellan, and Balboa. De Soto and Cortez are on the west side and older. Diamante is private.

I'm still a property owner and have access and played there last October.

I'm really not sure how you get on as a non property owner but I bet you can find a way.

Isabella has 27 holes. I'd recommend you try to get on Isabella or Granada.
Wicked Good Ag
Isbella and Granada are the two courses that most people play in the Village. If you can get on Diamonte it is very good as well

If you have a tee time set up and say you are from outside the Village the course usually gives instructions on how to get in and the procedure for everything

the pace of play can be erratic in the morning. There are sometimes a group in front of you that you will lose sight of after the first three holes because the pace they have is great. Then other times you will see them every shot for the day. But the golf is pretty good up there even in this heat Of JUne July August

Prep for hot weather and try the Megellan course...after the top ones it is my favorite in the next tier
davidmargarita
AG
Went out there for Memorial day weekend. Can't speak for the other courses, but didn't have any issues getting on at Balboa. Just call the number on their website (link below) and they'll help you set something up.

A few pointers:
- get a tee time before 10am and you'll likely have the entire course to yourself. When we were there all the locals hit the course at 10 and after. Didn't see a soul before then (on a Sunday).
- bring your clubs if you can. Again, can't speak for the other courses in village, but the rental clubs I got at Balboa was a set of 15 year-old Wilsons. Made for a hell of a round.

https://www.explorethevillage.com/golf-recreation/golf

Enjoy!
rrose
AG
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the trip.
dubberage
AustinCountyAg - let me guess y'all ate at Grateful Head Pizza?
Wicked Good Ag
dubberage said:

AustinCountyAg - let me guess y'all ate at Grateful Head Pizza?

Based upon my numerous times in the area it would IMO have to be the place he went to
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.