Golf TEC

1,945 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Retired Principal
polander ag81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recently retired and am getting back into golf after a 20+ year hiatus. I've been you tubing, going to the range and playing small town 9 hole courses in my area up to now. My son gave me a Golf TEC swing analysis for Father's Day. Anybody have any experiences good or bad with Golf TEC? I fully expect a full court press to sell me a golf lesson package after my swing analysis. I'm looking for feedback as to whether their system is legit or not. Thank y'all.
mm98
AG
Depends on the coach. Wasn't a huge fan of mine (memorial city area). At the time the average instructor was maybe 25-30. Nothing wrong with that but I question the overall experience of teaching vs just being a high school or college golfer.

In my experience they teach on swing. More of a one size fits all approach.

If you get a lesson package, The unlimited practice is a great value. So that's a positive. Plus it is all indoors with a great camera system.

I think it greatly depends on the guy you get. Several on here have better experiences than me.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Awesome experience. I went from mid 1 hundred teens to mid nineties in a very short amount of time. I'm certain had I not been forced to cut back my weekly rounds (new job) I'd be in the 80s. Intend to get back to GolfTec as soon as life allows.

As to mm's experience, definitely depends on the coach. I gelled quite quickly with mine but also bounced around to other coaches to make sure I was getting the best experience, which I was. I disagree on the one size fits all comment though. I'm sure each instructor has some crutches that they fall back on but I feel like I received custom instruction. What I like the most is their app and being able to reference my videos with commentary as we tweaked different parts of my swing. Though I haven't been in over a year, I still take a look at the videos before each round.

Where do you live? If you're in Houston I have a couple of locations I'd recommend.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
polander ag81
I live in Victoria but plan on driving into Houston for the analysis. The ultimate or unlimited package mm mentioned is pretty much not gonna happen. If I get a good feeling about things after the initial analysis, I could see myself driving to Houston once every 4-6 weeks for lessons. I think they have like a 6 lesson package, but we'll see. Thanks for the input and info.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
GolfTec Sugar Land is the closest one for you. Luke Schott, the center manager, was my coach while he was still at Upper Kirby. Highly recommended. Very nice center too.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
98Ag99Grad
AG
I had a very positive experience when I was going. I used the facility over near the galleria. My coach was a young guy and we hit it off right away. The biggest thing you get is the practice time in the bays with the cameras. This is great especially during the summer in houston. Seeing that you're in Victoria, not sure you'll be able to use it as much as others but I'd recommend them.
NColoradoAG
polander ag81 said:

I live in Victoria but plan on driving into Houston for the analysis. The ultimate or unlimited package mm mentioned is pretty much not gonna happen. If I get a good feeling about things after the initial analysis, I could see myself driving to Houston once every 4-6 weeks for lessons. I think they have like a 6 lesson package, but we'll see. Thanks for the input and info.
I wouldn't try and do Golf Tec if you're only going to do one lesson a month and not make use of their practice program.
YourFavAggie
AG
The Last Cobra Commander said:

Awesome experience. I went from mid 1 hundred teens to mid nineties in a very short amount of time. I'm certain had I not been forced to cut back my weekly rounds (new job) I'd be in the 80s. Intend to get back to GolfTec as soon as life allows.

As to mm's experience, definitely depends on the coach. I gelled quite quickly with mine but also bounced around to other coaches to make sure I was getting the best experience, which I was. I disagree on the one size fits all comment though. I'm sure each instructor has some crutches that they fall back on but I feel like I received custom instruction. What I like the most is their app and being able to reference my videos with commentary as we tweaked different parts of my swing. Though I haven't been in over a year, I still take a look at the videos before each round.

Where do you live? If you're in Houston I have a couple of locations I'd recommend.
Very similar experience here. I tried the traditional lessons route with a pro at the club, but found that being able to see my swing and see exactly what I was working on made a huge difference.

Went from regularly shooting in the 110's to getting down in the low 90's
Eyes of texas Crying
Retired Principal
AG
I'm going to Golf Tec. Have gone from 19 stroke index to 13 since March. Actually shot a 37 on back nine on Friday. Making progress but still have my moments.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.