Rockport/port a/corpus courses

1,848 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by southtexasgolfpro00
tony
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are having a family vacation at rockport in two weeks. I was in charge of booking a fishing trip, my brother was supposed to get my dad, him and my son a tee time.

Unsurprisingly he failed. So I'm hoping the Aggie network can help me out. I've never been to this area before and know nothing .Anyone have a course they'd recommend that we could get on sometime between June 28-july 2nd?
McGibblets
AG
Only golf in port A is Palmilla. It's a 9 hole par 3 course but is pretty fun if you're looking for some casual golf
dahouse
AG
We got on at Rockport Country Club a couple years ago. Just call and ask, sometimes they'll let you on.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
STX Ag
AG
Northshore allows non members tues-fri I think. Aside from the couple areas that got damaged during the May storms, the course looks great.
mike_ags_fan12
STX Ag said:

Northshore allows non members tues-fri I think. Aside from the couple areas that got damaged during the May storms, the course looks great.

Just played northshore on Sunday. Open to public any day after 11 am. The dam breaking did a little number on some greens as they used a lot that water For irrigation. Fun course and luckily no wind. Which made it great.

Oso beach in corpus are punching their greens this week but should be good to go by the time you arrive. If you choose a muni. Oso > Lozano

Last I played rockport, the were redesigning 2 holes so they turned both of them into 100 yard par 3S. May want to call to see if that's still going on.

My personal favorite is River Hills in calallen, but you will a need a member to get you on, which I'm not yet
tony
AG
My brother called north shore and they are closed for over seeding till july1 then booked solid.
CCred92
AG
You should be able to get on at Roxkport CC
lazuras_dc
AG
Palmilla, 9 holes (its not only a par 3 as mentioned above- there are holes that are par 4 and 5. You can play it twice then grab food and beers at the bar./restaurant after. Totally worth it. One of my favorite courses to play ever before they made it 9 holes. Still fun though.

I wouldn't make the trip into town to play a muni course. Northshore not too far from yall but if its closed I'd still just try Rockport CC or Palmilla.

Too bad I'll be out of town or I could get you on at Corpus Country Club. They now require members to be present w/ guests.
WhoopN06
I'll be down that way July 23rd-25th. Might have one or two other folks who would want to play. Would you be will to host at CCC? Been on my bucket list to play for years.
boy09
AG
lazuras_dc said:

One of my favorite courses to play ever before they made it 9 holes. Still fun though.
I'm still bitter about it. I loved that course. Haven't played since they reduced it to 9 holes.
DripAG08
AG
Palmilla is your best option. Just keep times in mind as you'll have to use the ferry to get back and forth from the island.

It's a great track even for the 9 holes and you can replay. Very laid back, island type feel as well. Played a few weeks ago in my swim trunks and fishing shirt. Plus it doesn't eat into your day and gives you more time with the fam so your wife wont be as mad.
STX Ag
AG
I don't think Northshore can make up their minds whether they want to be private, semi private or open to public. They've changed it several times in the last 18 months.

The dam needed to go it was in really poor shape. They have a coffee dam further up with plenty of water, plus it's rained a ton lately so I'm guessing anything with the greens was cause by maintenance vs lack of watering.
lazuras_dc
AG
WhoopN06 said:

I'll be down that way July 23rd-25th. Might have one or two other folks who would want to play. Would you be will to host at CCC? Been on my bucket list to play for years.

Email me lazurasdc at yahoo
southtexasgolfpro00
AG
If you're still looking for a place to play, love to have you come out to River Hills. Email me at mmiller@riverhills-golf.com

Mason Miller
GM/Director of Golf
River Hills CC
lazuras_dc
AG
Masons a good dude , River hills is in good shape. He bent over backward for us for our A&M club tourney last weekend
WLW12SPJ
AG
If y'all are talking about Northshore in Portland, then I'm not sure where the mix up is. I booked a tee time yesterday for tomorrow. I think I saw the same thing about over seeding and being closed through 6/30 on Golf Now. I called to double check and they said that wasn't correct. I saw this about being closed so I called just now to confirm and they said that wasn't true again.

Mason, what kind of notice do you need to play Corpus? Just asking since I'll be down there.

TIA
southtexasgolfpro00
AG
24-48 hours should be plenty of time, as long as we don't have an event the day you are wanting to play.
tony
AG
Mason
Thanks for the offer! I emailed you, the first one bounced so I tried it a couple more times.

Let me know if you got it.

Thanks

Luke Jalbert
Class of 98
inozips
AG
Matters not where you play do not forget the mosquito repellant. They all but carried us away late May at Rockport CC. Played Northshore 6/8, since the dam broke you have to jiggle around some. Drive through a lot & go by 14 tee to get from 12 green to 13 tee. They have let their sand traps completely go (unplayable). Still a fun layout. Oso was ok when I lapped it mid-May. Did not know Foresight out of Boerne was operating it and Gabe. Sounds like I need to try and wiggle on Riverhill.
southtexasgolfpro00
AG
Hey guys and gals. We will reciprocate with damn near any club (big or small, town or city, 5 star or no star). I grew up at 9 hole club in Taylor and my outside playing privileges were minimal due to where I lived and played. I want our club here to be open(when available) to members wherever if they want to come and play when they're down this way.
southtexasgolfpro00
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Masons a good dude , River hills is in good shape. He bent over backward for us for our A&M club tourney last weekend

It was a pleasure having y'all out this year and looking forward to next year and years to come. The course and club have come a long way in the last 2-3 years. Still have work to do, but making strides everyday.

What's the newest on the reno project at quad C's?
_lefraud_
AG
Lozano was just fine about a month ago. Will probably be out there again next week for their Wednesday scramble.
lazuras_dc
AG
southtexasgolfpro00 said:

lazuras_dc said:

It was a pleasure having y'all out this year and looking forward to next year and years to come. The course and club have come a long way in the last 2-3 years. Still have work to do, but making strides everyday.

What's the newest on the reno project at quad C's?

Last I heard it was going to start in December , 10months total. Open with Temporary greens for most of it. Then closing the entire course for 6-8 weeks for new fairways.
WLW12SPJ
AG
Hey mason, I sent an email to you about tomorrow, or Friday but not sure it went through. Let me know. I'm good either way.
Oso96
AG
If you play River Hills, just remember all puts break towards the river.
southtexasgolfpro00
AG
WLW12SPJ said:

Hey mason, I sent an email to you about tomorrow, or Friday but not sure it went through. Let me know. I'm good either way.

I didn't get your email. Call the club in the morning and I'll get you squared away
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.