Anyone played Walden on Lake Conroe since the freeze?

1,320 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUOY
Ag81Golf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any if you know what kind of shape the greens are in? Aerated at our club this week so we have 16 of us going to Walden for the weekend.

On a side note if any of you have have been to Margaritaville? If so how is the bar and any decent talent?
KaneIsAble
AG
Fun track; nothing to add other than that
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Greens are in excellent shape and rolling true.
Ag81Golf
Great to hear! Thanks.
19AG84
AG
No issues from the freeze. Greens are back to normal.
jonj101
Can't speak for current condition, but just wanted to add that its one of the best lay outs in the Houston area imo.

If it wasn't over an hour away from me I'd play it more often.
AustinCountyAg
jonj101 said:

Can't speak for current condition, but just wanted to add that its one of the best lay outs in the Houston area imo.

If it wasn't over an hour away from me I'd play it more often.
a lot of people say that, but for me the course just doesn't get me that excited. Their are several very good holes, but to me the majority are somewhat bland, and add in the small greens the course makes it kind of blah to me.

Although #17 holds a special place in my heart as it is where I made my only hole in 1.
inozips
AG
Played it with the Montgomery County A&M Club 3/29. It's fine, expect no issues. One of my "favs" in Texas.
BUOY
AG
one of my favorite layouts in all of Texas. the potential it has is unreal. unfortunate its run by someone who wont spend any money on infrastructure/course/carts....really anything. i always said if i won the lottery id buy it tear down the ****ty condos off 18 and do it right.
Rusty GCS
AG
Is Larry still the Super?
BUOY
AG
no idea
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.