Post-Masters blues

1,754 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
GIF Reactor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I almost think they should just take the week off after the Masters. I'll watch Hilton Head this weekend, but I'm not excited about it and honestly more bummed about there not being another Masters until next April. I'm not all that excited about the PGA or US Open, but I am excited to see the British Open return this year. I think it is a natural let down after what I consider one of the 2 best tournaments in the men's game.
TexAgs1992
Hilton Head is actually a great tournament and Harbour Town Golf Links is one of my favorite courses on tour. The lull between next week and the Wells Fargo at Quail Hollow is actually much worse. TPC Louisiana and Copperhead are both pretty boring courses on the tour in my opinion.
GIF Reactor
AG
I like the course alright, it is just the feeling of a let down I guess.

I agree on the Copperhead course.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

I almost think they should just take the week off after the Masters. I'll watch Hilton Head this weekend, but I'm not excited about it and honestly more bummed about there not being another Masters until next April. I'm not all that excited about the PGA or US Open, but I am excited to see the British Open return this year. I think it is a natural let down after what I consider one of the 2 best tournaments in the men's game.

I hear ya. I really don't care for the PGA, seems like another tournament to me and I like The Players more I guess because it's always at Sawgrass. I like the US Open when the rough is gnarly and the pros beotch about the conditions. I love the British Open right behind The Masters. Love links golf, the brown grass, the weather, the bunkers, the little towns the courses are in, and waking up to golf on TV.
hunterjr81
Couldn't agree more. It does feel like a let down to watch a normal tournament.

I really enjoyed watching the masters. Being able to watch only certain holes or only featured groups is awesome! I wish all the tournaments were like that. I did not turn on the main broadcast all. I spent all day Sunday watching the feature groups play which included Spieth. No commercials and no frills. Just golf.
NColoradoAG
Not sure how anyone couldn't be excited about the PGA and US Open this year considering the venues. Both could play really difficult.
powerbelly
AG
Who could be blue with the open coming up.
DallasAggie89
AG
Copperhead is a great course. Much better than Harbour Town.
Rubble
AG
I like all of them. One thing most don't realize about the PGA is that it always has the strongest field (outside of the WGC events), because there are no amateurs. I was fortunate enough to go to final round at Bethpage. I've told people before, I'd much rather go to any round of any major than the super bowl.

Right now, only thing that would top that experience would be watching the Ags in the national championship.
Seven Costanza
AG
hunterjr81 said:

Being able to watch only certain holes or only featured groups is awesome! I wish all the tournaments were like that. I did not turn on the main broadcast all. I spent all day Sunday watching the feature groups play which included Spieth. No commercials and no frills. Just golf.
I enjoyed watching the featured groups, too. With the main broadcast, it's one shot, immediately cut to the next shot, immediately cut to the next shot, etc. I actually like the slower pace of following a group through a round.
Trucker 96
I love the move of the PGA to May. That at least tempers some of the disappointment. A 2+ month wait to the next major was always a bummer. I love this major-per-month schedule
KatyAg01
AG
Really looking forward to The Open. I love having the coverage so early in the morning, and links golf is a welcomed break from the aerial game we see week after week on the PGA Tour.
DripAG08
AG
The team format at the Zurich makes it a better tour stop now IMO.
1990AG
AG
DallasAggie89 said:

Copperhead is a great hard course. Much better harder than Harbour Town.
FIFY

AustinCountyAg
AgOutsideAustin said:

Electrical_Ag said:

I love the British Open right behind The Masters. Love links golf, the brown grass, the weather, the bunkers, the little towns the courses are in, and waking up to golf on TV.
This. I love crappy weather golf. The Open is my favorite after Masters. Nothing like waking up a 2am with a good cup of coffee and watching golf while it is pitch black outside IMO
boy09
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

You think they shouldn't play because you're not interested? Weird take..
Sorrell Booke
I am looking forward to the Open in 2022, mainly because I already have my tickets. The 150th Open to be played at the Old Course. I can't wait. Humble brag.
mazag08
AG
This is why I think it would be so cool to have a league set up like the other major sports. 5-6 guys on a team with 4 competing in each event. Each team represents a city. All scores for each event contribute to a total score for the team each day. Final day would be match play between the player for each team who performed the best in the event. League would be made up of lower tour pros and Korn Ferry types.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.