Junior Golf in McKinney

714 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jja79
civil95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My 12 year old needs better instruction than I can give him on the range. He wants to try and play golf on the high school team so I am trying to find a good place for instruction. I want to start in a group lesson and then move to private lessons if needed. Has anyone joined any programs around McKinney? Westridge, Stonebridge, Eldorado? Good/bad experiences?
jj9000
AG
Kevin Johnson at Westridge.

For Juniors, you're not going to find many instructors in DFW as good, or better than Kevin.

It doesn't really matter if your Junior is a beginner or breaking Par, Kevin will be able to help.

If I remember correctly, he's a Top 50 Junior coach in the US.
jja79
AG
A bit off topic but since you mentioned Eldorado isn't it pretty much a train wreck right now?
civil95
I just got an email from Westridge that said the waiting list is 18-24 months. I guess I will keep looking.
I will keep Kevin in mind if we get to private lessons.
I have not heard anything about Eldorado.
jj9000
AG
Call Kevin. He has pull at the Westridge facility.

Tell him you are a referral from one of his clients, and ask if he can help you get into a group lesson...or a 1-1.

18-24 month wait-list is crazy.

Edit...also...reach out to TexAgs poster khaos288...he should be able to get you in touch with some folks at Westridge. If he can't help, pay him back by trying to hit his house with a golf ball the next time you play there.
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Call Kevin. He has pull at the Westridge facility.

Tell him you are a referral from one of his clients, and ask if he can help you get into a group lesson...or a 1-1.

18-24 month wait-list is crazy.

Edit...also...reach out to TexAgs poster khaos288...he should be able to get you in touch with some folks at Westridge. If he can't help, pay him back by trying to hit his house with a golf ball the next time you play there.
I've got Kevins number. PM me.

Also, my house is one off from the course, so if you can hit it from the 3rd tee box, might as well go for the ace instead

Just saw you don't have stars. Email is my username at gmail
shoes
AG
Not to derail the thread, but does anyone care to expand on the mess at Eldorado? I worked out there as a cart boy through high school and have tossed around checking out membership options there.
LHIOB
AG
Check out Travis Lynch Golf. Hes my cousin-in-law and does a fantastic job with the kiddos.
jja79
AG
Not a member and don't even live in DFW but I have a good friend who is a member. Says the facilities are declining and membership is falling. I haven't been out there since last summer on a visit and I love sitting on their patio drinking beer but I'm told the big friday/saturday night beer drinking group of guys has left for other clubs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.