Joined the club!

2,103 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dcrewint
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I posted a few months ago about how often people get close to hitting hole in ones since I had been sniffing quite a few flags since COVID gave me time to improve my iron play.

Well, today the golf gods were kind enough to open the door for me!

Played Pebble Creek today with a couple of good friends. The action took place on hole #4 where I played my PW from 130 yards out. One of my friends was watching from directly behind me. The ball gets about 5 feet from hitting the green and he says, "That's a hole in one!" It lands about a foot or two to the right side of the cup and spins to the left and dropped in!

It was a great feeling even though we totally botched the reaction celebration!

I proceeded to make a great bogey save on #5. Then nearly cupped my approach on #6 drawing a smug look and shake of the head from one of my other friends.

Such a unique experience! Funny thing I almost teed off with the hole in one ball on the next hole...which I did lose in the penalty hazard. 3 over for the day made for a solid round seeing as I nearly hooked everything off the tee til hole 12. Had me scrambling for a good while.

Who's up next!?
Unemployed
AG
Congrats.

You'll probably shoot a 92 next round.
jonj101
Congrats!

Even better that you got to experience it with good friends. Did yall shut the bar down early? Still time to get some drinks in.
dcrewint
I and one of my buddies don't drink. But, I had 1 Dr. Pepper (Haven't had a soda in 3 years). 1 friend had 3-4, the other had 1-2 (He doesn't drink much). So, probably as lame as they come drink wise. However, we spent some time shooting the breeze at the club, which most all of really never do. It's generally play in 3.5 hours and get home to the wives and kiddos.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
dcrewint said:

I and one of my buddies don't drink. But, I had 1 Dr. Pepper (Haven't had a soda in 3 years). 1 friend had 3-4, the other had 1-2 (He doesn't drink much). So, probably as lame as they come drink wise. However, we spent some time shooting the breeze at the club, which most all of really never do. It's generally play in 3.5 hours and get home to the wives and kiddos.
Congrats. Really surreal feeling afterwards and floating on clouds the rest of the round.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
dcrewint said:

I posted a few months ago about how often people get close to hitting hole in ones since I had been sniffing quite a few flags since COVID gave me time to improve my iron play.

Well, today the golf gods were kind enough to open the door for me!

Played Pebble Creek today with a couple of good friends. The action took place on hole #4 where I played my PW from 130 yards out. One of my friends was watching from directly behind me. The ball gets about 5 feet from hitting the green and he says, "That's a hole in one!" It lands about a foot or two to the right side of the cup and spins to the left and dropped in!

It was a great feeling even though we totally botched the reaction celebration!

I proceeded to make a great bogey save on #5. Then nearly cupped my approach on #6 drawing a smug look and shake of the head from one of my other friends.

Such a unique experience! Funny thing I almost teed off with the hole in one ball on the next hole...which I did lose in the penalty hazard. 3 over for the day made for a solid round seeing as I nearly hooked everything off the tee til hole 12. Had me scrambling for a good while.

Who's up next!?

Not sure which I'm supposed to be more mad about...
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
Golf1
AG
I've always enjoyed #4 at PC. Reminds me of #13 at Campus Course but unfortunately one of the memories I have of #4 at PC was me shanking a ball and almost nailing someone letting me play thru. Wasn't my best shot and I was in a big funk of changing my swing for my excuse. Congrats on the ace! Congrats on the next bogey that you have on that hole!
dcrewint
I typically play the hole decently, but play it frequently enough so that I'm sure to bogey it sooner than later!
1990AG
AG
Congratulations! Welcome to the club....

I've got 6 of them!

1990AG
AG
JK...I've only got 1...6 iron from 171, one hop in the jar

Rubble
AG
I have a bunch...too many to count.

In putt putt

Congrats!!
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
Congrats!
dcrewint
I actually played a few holes today with my team 1-4 and birdied it. Landed it near the same spot, unfortunately the hole was playing 12 yards longer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.