Ever watched Aggie Invitational?

1,407 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mr. Nussbaum
nattychamps22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking about heading out to the Aggie Invitational at The Traditions tomorrow. Has anyone ever been? I want to support our golf team. What time should I arrive? Are you able to move to different holes? Anything else I should know?
aggietony2010
AG
No idea if things are different due to COVID, but when I was in college, I went a couple times and you were free to roam the course.
basic8
Ag's Sam Bennett quietly going for 3rd straight collegiate win; has lead going into tomorrow. Team in 3rd. TU and No.1 OK lead.
GDP
I went on Saturday.
Sam Bennett had an incredible front nine shooting 32 with a bogey on 9. Dude is fun to watch and has incredible talent especially the short game.

BUT

Play was incredibly slow. It took them 2 hours and 55 minutes to play 9 holes!! 2 groups on #2. 3 groups waiting to hit on #3 and #7. Incredible that he shot 32 having to wait that much.

If you go, I would recommend walking with the leaders starting on # 10 or 11. Don't try to do 18 holes. It is way too slow.
Post removed:
by user
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Sam still in the lead by 3 at the turn

Team now tied for 2nd with tu and only a stroke behind leader OU
AG
Aggies now tied for the lead with tu. OU fell off like 4 or 5 strokes in a hurry

Sam still leading medalist at -7 for the tournament
AG
Updates?
Chapa96
AG
Sam wins!!

Ags are in a playoff with OU.

Chapa96
AG
Ags win on the 1st playoff hole!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Yes!

Kudos to the whole team,

But big high five to Coach Kortan too. He's been great really these last few months. Definitely earned the permanent HC position
AG
Ball in hand due to hail dents all over the course, pins three steps off the edge, huge field and windy; all contributors to the pace of play.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.