Bluejack National

8,362 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ragoo
Doc4rock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know of a way to get on without being a member?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Well you would know the answer if you knew a member
JCA1
AG
There is no way other than guest of a member.
garym2001
AG
I see quite a few BlueJack rounds in charity auctions. That would be one way. Probably cost you about $2k for a foursome. It's a great experience. Not a difficult golf course, but they have figured out the secret sauce on how to make a day very enjoyable. Have heard they are on the verge of losing the greens right now due to effects from the freeze a few weeks ago.
aginlakeway
AG
They host a few charity events every year. I think foursomes run $5,000 or so.

"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
HouAggie
AG
I think losing their greens is a stretch, but there are definitely some exposed humps on a few greens that took a beating from the freeze and I don't think they'll be coming back on their own. This is as of last week.
jonj101
Can you point me in the direction of local charity auctions? I check Charity Buzz quite a bit (trying to win one on there now), but those are mostly at the national level.
aginlakeway
AG
jonj101 said:

Can you point me in the direction of local charity auctions? I check Charity Buzz quite a bit (trying to win one on there now), but those are mostly at the national level.
Google "bluejack charity event" and a few popup. This one is in June:

https://www.seallegacy.org/events/pages/night-of-heroes

"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
jonj101
Lol, so obvious and I overlooked it.
garym2001
AG
I've played in that event before and it is great. They usually have a group of Seals that parachute in on to the driving range and a Seal will play with each group. only problem with that is it's a scramble. If you are paying that much to play the course, I'd assume you want to play your own ball. Best bet is to find a cahrity that is auctioning off a foursome.
grego
AG
I played a couple of times through a reciprocal with my club. Granted mine is a "big name" club and we played one round with the head pro and another with an assistant. Also stayed there which might have helped. But it is possible.

Have since been back with a member which was a better experience. They've made some really nice improvements in the last couple of years.
garym2001
AG
West U Park Lovers is having an auction and there is a foursome at BJN.

https://qtego.net/qlink/parkloversgolf2021?fbclid=IwAR1fRhEuENXTgQpB70KAwxZtxrVbsPcqaCKEE1HSLAoz_Y2cX7lvxy_fW3k
Ag_07
AG
So we're all gonna be bidding against each other?
Strategy
AG
I've played as a guest. Great experience. Worth the money for the exclusivity and to stay away from the CoronaBros. Those guys can suck it
HouAggie
AG
Who are the coronabros?
Rusty GCS
AG
Got an invite. So excited. Haven't played that track since it was Blaketree.

Is it nicer now?
cab559
Poot
Just a smidge…
Sea Speed
AG
Rusty GCS said:

Got an invite. So excited. Haven't played that track since it was Blaketree.

Is it nicer now?
only course ive played that was nicer was the Majeles in Dubai. an argument could be made the royal golf club of bahrain was nicer as well. both are euro tour courses and are absolutely pristine though.

my family popped up at blake cottage deck same time as the 4some i was in hit the teebox of the hole its on. i regularly have a wicked slice and was worried id take out on of my kids. turned out to be my best drive of the day.

Ragoo
AG
Played there last spring. Think I shot 86 having not played golf much over the past 5 years. Made birdie on the par three over the pond.

Play the par 3 course. Play it barefoot and with a drink from the bar.
GIF Reactor
AG
Why play barefoot?
Ragoo
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

Why play barefoot?
because it's cool to walk a par three course with a wedge a drink and no shoes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.