Vegas golf

3,403 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htownag2007
SLF11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fellas, i know it has been done before but i am too lazy to search.

Going to Vegas first weekend in June and want to get some golf in. Already have a couple of tee times at Wolf Creek booked on Saturday and wanting to look at another option.

Rec's on a group of 8 that varies from scratch to 25 handicap? preference would not be drive an hour again.

Just got an ad for Reflection Bay - it looks cool. Any one have experience there?

Always been a Vegas guy but never played golf before.
watty
AG
Reflection Bay is nice but it's pretty difficult. There's also no driving range, just a spot where you hit balls off of turf into a net, if that matters to you. I did love the course though. Very pretty.

Might want to try a place like Las Vegas National for your group. Not too expensive, not too far, and it's not quite like all the other courses in the area.
ConvAg34
Desert Pines was pretty cool. Played there last year - about 15 minutes from the strip so super easy to get to.
Sazerac
AG
I played Rio Secco, Reflection Bay, and Wolf Creek
Blackstreet
AG
Playing Rio Secco and Reflection Bay in 2 weeks. I've read several recommendations for Rio Secco on here in the past. My buddy wants to play Reflection Bay although don't hear much about that one when Vegas courses are typically discussed.
Sazerac
AG
They are both solid courses. I played pretty well the whole week, but was really hitting the ball good from the start at Reflection. I'd say Rio was a bit more memorable though.
aggiebrother33
Bears Best and Pauite
Chipotlemonger
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

Bears Best and Pauite

I'll echo these recommendations.

Played 9 at Siena a while back and enjoyed it well enough, but preferred those other 2 to it.
CrockerAg98
AG
Again, Rio Secco.

I know you don't want to drive far, but Cascata was worth the trip.

I think they require the forecaddies (one per foursome), but ti was a fun course, great setting, and well worth it*

*Well worth my company picking up the expense when I took customers
XpressAg09
AG
Buddy of mine had the "Platinum Tees" caddy for them in Vegas. Good eye candy, from what I understand.
http://theplatinumtees.com/
AgOutsideAustin
AG
^^^^^^ I'll take the caddy on the right please
Pinche Guero
AG
TPC, Piaute, and Bali Hai are all excellent
littledude
AG
Another vote for Paiute. Was beautiful and a ton of fun.
Blackstreet
AG
I have played Paiute, and it is top notch.
dallasag00
AG
Cascada
Poot
I have exactly zero Vegas experience, but Bali Hai looks like it's gotta be a loud golf experience, being THAT close to a major airport.
Duckhook
AG
Poot said:

I have exactly zero Vegas experience, but Bali Hai looks like it's gotta be a loud golf experience, being THAT close to a major airport.

I'm just going to cut-and-paste the comment I had about Bali Hai on a different Vegas golf thread:

"Driving range is a glorified net in your garage. (OK, it's bigger than that, but you're just hitting into a bunch of netting off of mats. )

Plus, it's the loudest course I've ever played. Jets taking off right over your head every minute or so for 4 full hours. Helicopters, trains, and a freeway nearby on some of the holes. Not a bad course, but I don't need to play it again."
kwammer
Agree with Duckhook on Bali Hai.
Outside of the convenience of being at the end of the strip, it's a hard pass for me. Once was enough.
jelfag06
AG
Cascata is amazing!! Expensive but amazing experience
ConvAg34
Has anyone played Summerville? If so, what are your thoughts
Tursiops93
AG
Just played Reflection Bay last week and the conditions were not great. They did not overseed do the Bermuda was spotty and have not done any aeration so the fairways and greens were VERY hard. Very difficult to stop the ball on the greens. Layout was nice and it is difficult when you don't know the course and where to play. Played Wolf as well and as always it's AMAZING and in great shape. Also in Mesquite is Falcon Ridge which I love and is also in fantastic shape. About an hour drive from Vegas, out in the middle of nowhere, is an awesome course called Coyote Springs. Beautiful layout with several water holes in the middle of the desert! It is a Nicklaus design and I highly recommend it!!!!
Tursiops93
AG
I have also played TPC Las Vegas which is a great tract too!
htownag2007
AG
I can't remember, in that climate do they generally punch greens around the same time we do? Going in May and assumed that punching will be over by then, but hadn't thought too hard about it.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
htownag2007 said:

I can't remember, in that climate do they generally punch greens around the same time we do? Going in May and assumed that punching will be over by then, but hadn't thought too hard about it.

Going in May as well and it looks like they are punching greens the next few weeks so May should be ok.
Blackstreet
AG
Great, just checked and Reflection Bay is punching greens April 4-5. I'm supposed to play there April 10. Guess I will start looking for alternate course.
Phat32
AG
Any other recommendations? Setting up a bachelor party and the early winner looks like Desert Pines - around $120 greens which plays well with a group.
The Milkman
AG
I'm going at the end of July and booked a time at Reflection Bay because I'm staying with my family in Henderson. Would yall recommend I stick with it or look somewhere else in the area? I'm trying to stay generally on that side of town and ideally at or under $100
StEdsCOOG
The Milkman said:

I'm going at the end of July and booked a time at Reflection Bay because I'm staying with my family in Henderson. Would yall recommend I stick with it or look somewhere else in the area? I'm trying to stay generally on that side of town and ideally at or under $100
I've never played Reflection Bay but I've enjoyed playing at Revere Golf Club in Henderson.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I played Reflection Bay last month and enjoyed it. It was around 98 or so and hot. Holes on the lake had a breeze but the canyon holes were hot. Today was supposed to be 115 there. End of July should be really hot too so I would try to play in the morning. Hopefully they are putting a lot of water on the course because it was drying out when I played.
Cool layout and crazy expensive homes there.
SLF11
AG
Ended up playing Wolf Creek and Paiute Sun Mountain.

Paiute was awesome. $119 and a great overall golf experience - greens were firm, fast and true.

Wolf Creek was cool in a different way. Granted they punched the greens a week before... it was still a bit of a tourist attraction, more than a true golf experience. If you've played the video game, you'll recognize a lot of it.

Going back, i won't go back to Wolf Creek but will be heading back to Paiute to check out the rest of the courses.
htownag2007
AG
If anyone is going to play Bali Hai, Paiute Wolf or Snow Mountain any time soon, I've got GolfLogix green books I bought for my last trip that I'd make a deal on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.