Save a public

3 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Survey from the city of Austin is out onHancock, would appreciate ya filling out this short survey, supporting the course and distributing to other golf forums https://austinenergy.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1Tyloojt1kmzAc6
Bunk Moreland
Done. And username checks out
_lefraud_
Chipotlemonger
AG
Love Hancock. 9 hole dedicated course that has some real character to it. One of my favorite courses to visit, so many memories and it is fun as heck.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
It really makes the most of its acres and exposure to Waller Creek
jckrjr7
AG
#4 is a great risk reward hole and #6 is one of the most difficult approach shots in town.

I'd be curious to see the financials of Hancock this year. The number of rounds is way up just like every other course in town.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Hancock is profitable right now. It did over 3,000 rounds in January and brought in over $43,000 in revenue. That is without a pro-shop, which historically generated about $4 per round and no F&B which would yield another 4-5 per round.

Expenses are basically the grounds crew and maintenance.

4 is all about the wind and where the tee are as to if you can go for it. The fairway slopes hard towards Waller creek, so you have to hit it to the right side of the fairway no matter what you hit. That also takes the water more out of play. Small very slopey green with some impossible pin placements.

5 you can bomb it and miss right, (as long as it goes 240 plus) and still have a shot at the elevated green. The elevated green you can miss left or short. If you use it left side of the fairway you don't really have a shot unless you hit a 300 yard drive with late draw. Before the fairway get to 240 it is narrow!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Had to do the conversion in my head to the old hole order. That would be hole #2 and hole #9 on the old order.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
#9 number is number #4 now right?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yes if I remember right
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
https://vimeo.com/537317267

We have a new video
CapCityAg89
AG
I lived in Hyde Park for 7 years from the beginning of 2000 - loved having that course there.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I live in HP now and I play 1x a week there it's a great quick option
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.