Report: Tiger in major car accident

39,762 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsalaska said:

Curious cause I don't k ow the answer to this.

Does Augusta ever allow carts? Like tomorrow?

Do they even have golf carts that hold clubs?

Does Augusta ever allow carts? No. Like tomorrow? No.

Do they even have golf carts that hold clubs? Only to move people around in.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
baseballaficionado
aginlakeway said:

EKUAg said:

aginlakeway said:

baseballaficionado said:

Ag_07 said:

Didn't John Daly get an exemption recently to use a cart due to medical reasons?

Tiger could get a cart, but they asked him if he would ever request one during a regular PGA event. He said he would rather not play at all than use a cart to assist him in an event.

Yep. The Masters of course has its own rules. I'd be stunned it they allowed a cart.

He said over the weekend he would not petition for a cart.

Good call. Because the ANGC would say no. No carts for anyone who plays there actually, during the Masters or otherwise.

I don't think the rules of Augusta National would hold up against the ADA. If a player has qualified for the event and is classified correctly under the ADA statue, there isn't anything the club can do to prevent a cart being used.

Quote:

Consistent with the Americas with Disabilities Act (ADA), a disabled player or caddie may be permitted to use a golf cart as an accommodation to his or her disability for those Championships where golf carts are not allowed. As required by the ADA, the PGA of America will evaluate such requests on a case-by-case basis. Please use the form above for all requests of this type.

I do understand the Masters isn't a PGA event, but they would lose any court proceedings challenging this as well. It is a moot point, though, since Tiger has said he wouldn't use a cart.
aginlakeway
AG
The USGA won a few battles on this front. John Daly tried under ADA and lost in 2018.

As best as I can recall, the ANGC had never lost a lawsuit. That group of members don't lose. At anything.
They even beat the ACLU 20 or so years ago.

But as you say, it'll never come to that.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
_lefraud_
AG
ANGC could simply revoke his (lifetime) invitation, no? But enough of that crazy talk, Tiger isn't going to use a damn cart, as stated.

2022 Masters seams like a stretch. The Open seems more likely, if he thinks his body can hold up in that weather.

Side note: If he's going to catch Jack, he's going to need to win another Open or two.
1872walker
baseballaficionado said:

aginlakeway said:

EKUAg said:

aginlakeway said:

baseballaficionado said:

Ag_07 said:

Didn't John Daly get an exemption recently to use a cart due to medical reasons?

Tiger could get a cart, but they asked him if he would ever request one during a regular PGA event. He said he would rather not play at all than use a cart to assist him in an event.

Yep. The Masters of course has its own rules. I'd be stunned it they allowed a cart.

He said over the weekend he would not petition for a cart.

Good call. Because the ANGC would say no. No carts for anyone who plays there actually, during the Masters or otherwise.

I don't think the rules of Augusta National would hold up against the ADA. If a player has qualified for the event and is classified correctly under the ADA statue, there isn't anything the club can do to prevent a cart being used.

Quote:

Consistent with the Americas with Disabilities Act (ADA), a disabled player or caddie may be permitted to use a golf cart as an accommodation to his or her disability for those Championships where golf carts are not allowed. As required by the ADA, the PGA of America will evaluate such requests on a case-by-case basis. Please use the form above for all requests of this type.

I do understand the Masters isn't a PGA event, but they would lose any court proceedings challenging this as well. It is a moot point, though, since Tiger has said he wouldn't use a cart.

Incorrect. The key here is that this is an invitational from a private club. Not (as you say) a PGA run event.

https://adata.org/factsheet/private-clubs-under-americans-disabilities-act
BarryProfit
He will play Augusta, he was barely walking a couple months ago and look where he is now. He said this weekend he hasn't taken a day off since he got out of the hospital, expect that drive to continue. He can build strength in his leg he has plenty of time - the golf swing is already mostly back.

Dude is the ultimate grinder, dumb to doubt him at this point.
BarryProfit
DannyDuberstein
AG
No report on Daly's BAC at the time
JYDog90
AG
I'll bet you $20 he doesn't play the Masters this year.
Formerly Willy Wonka
lazuras_dc
AG
BarryProfit
Willy Wonka said:

$20? I mean whatever, sure.

I mosdef think he's playing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I know a fat girl, wears an orange skirt. Give her $20 and you can do work. [/LL Cool J in the 80s, or Tiger In the past 20 years]
baseballaficionado
baseballaficionado said:

I wouldn't bet against him. It's his favorite tournament, he just played two rounds this weekend (don't care if he rode in a cart or not) and he will do everything in his power to be ready in over 100+ days.

Shameless bump
aginlakeway
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Oops.
Unemployed
AG
BarryProfit said:

Willy Wonka said:

Is Willy Wonka gonna pay up?
aginlakeway
AG
RealTalk said:

BarryProfit said:

Willy Wonka said:

He'll probably pay him in chocolate bars.
Gigem314
AG
aginlakeway said:

RealTalk said:

BarryProfit said:

Willy Wonka said:

He'll probably pay him in chocolate bars.
'03ag
How do the Opens work?

Regaedless of how well this week goes, Tiger has said his schedule will be very limited and his ranking has already dropped to the 900s. At what point would he have to start playing in qualifying tournaments?
bdgol07
AG
He would always get a sponsors exemption if needed, I'm sure there is some exemption through the PGA that shows him to play in almost every tournament. He's in the majors for life isn't he?
dixichkn
AG
bdgol07 said:

He would always get a sponsors exemption if needed, I'm sure there is some exemption through the PGA that shows him to play in almost every tournament. He's in the majors for life isn't he?
And only the majors.
_lefraud_
AG
Masters - exempt for life
PGA - exempt for life
US Open - exempt thru 2023
The Open - exempt thru age 60
BarryProfit
BarryProfit said:

He will play Augusta, he was barely walking a couple months ago and look where he is now. He said this weekend he hasn't taken a day off since he got out of the hospital, expect that drive to continue. He can build strength in his leg he has plenty of time - the golf swing is already mostly back.

Dude is the ultimate grinder, dumb to doubt him at this point.

Dude is smart.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The USGA can grant special exemptions, so I'd imagine Tiger would get one for as long as he thinks he can compete. He's also not the type that's going to enter if he doesn't think he has some chance of winning, so as long as he deems his own game in that kind of shape, they will too
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jack got 8 special exemptions into the US Open in the twilight years of his career

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.