New Braunfels Area Golf

1,046 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BEaggie08
aggiedadofpanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading down to NB area for a fishing trip, but want to sprinkle in some golf as well. Any recommendations for courses in that area? Seems like The Bandit is around there, doesn't look too bad, but interested in any other recs. TIA.
bbry81
Bandit is probably the best course in the area. Landa park is decent. Not in the best shape last time I played. Kissing tree up in San Marcos is also a pretty fun course.
DargelSkout
AG
The Bandit is my favorite in the area. Greens were in great shape and super fast when I played it a few weeks ago.

I play Landa from time to time and it's usually in decent shape but I'm not really a fan of the layout.

I haven't played Kissing Tree in a long time, but it was a really cool course. You forget how close you are to San Marcos. It's a really easy track, probably because it's geared toward the older retired folk that live there.

Rebecca Creek (north of Canyon Lake) is fun and easy. Not in the best shape but it's cheap and you can usually play a fast round.

Valaar Creek (Blanco) is usually worth the 30 min. drive from New Braunfels. But I haven't played it since last fall so I don't know what kind of shape it's in.
BEaggie08
AG
bbry81 said:

Bandit is probably the best course in the area. Landa park is decent. Not in the best shape last time I played. Kissing tree up in San Marcos is also a pretty fun course.

I played Landa the Monday after Christmas and it was in phenomenal shape. They overseeded in late fall with a winter grass. Course looks great.

Having said that, if play Kissing Tree if you can get a tee time that works for you.

I like Bandit okay, but I think they're a little too proud of it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.