Grapevine Area Country Clubs

909 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dc509
Captain Quagmire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My fiance and I recently moved to the Southlake/Grapevine area and are considering joining one of the nearby country clubs (Timarron, Trophy Club, or Hackberry Creek). Does anybody have any experience with or thoughts about these clubs (or any others in the same area)?

TIA
YourFavAggie
AG
Those clubs will have different offerings depending on what you are looking for.

Timarron will be the nicest of those three, followed by Trophy, and then Hackberry.

If you are looking for the best golf, then I would start with Timarron. Hackberry has a younger membership, a family pool, and generally cheaper prices. Haven't spent much time a Trophy, but it seems to be the middle ground between the other two.
Eyes of texas Crying
Aggie369
AG
Grew up a member at timarron

Great course...they will all be relatively slow. Trophy club has 2 courses but timarron is in better condition and a better track.

Not sure if they still do but they used to hold US Open qualifiers at timarron and qualifiers for Byron Nelson there.

Random fact...Byron Nelson designed timarron. It was either his first design or his only design....not sure
TheGreatScott12
AG
I play Hackberry occasionally with my buddy who is a member. Every time I have gone we have been late getting off because they run out of carts and then the round is always slow. They still let members grab individual carts, but have not increased their fleet. The facility and conditions are nice, but this is a huge deterrent for me. Can't speak to the others as I haven't played them. My in-laws live across from Timarron and I've been trying to get them to join for years now. I hear it's great. Take that for what it's worth.
dc509
AG
Vaquero or gtfo.

In all seriousness Timarron is lot o f fun. I thought it was pretty hard too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.