Anyone have the Mevo shot tracker?

4,207 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cjsag94
txaggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like it's the cheapest one out there that looks half way decent.

Any input? Saw one YouTube review where all number were decently close with the track man except for club speed which threw off the distance a little but
Mr.Bond
AG
I have the 500 dollar one and it's actually pretty impressive but it does have its limits. I've heard the mevo plus (roughly $2k) is pretty legit
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

watty
AG
I've been looking at them but can't justify it unfortunately. The $500 one doesn't do enough, and the $2k one is too expensive. I'd probably get the $2k one if it was just $1k. It would still be a huge waste of money for me but I love wasting money.
txaggie2012
AG
Is the 500$ one essentially only good for getting your yardages? I'm not trying to be a pro so I don't think I need a expensive pro tracker. But I have no idea how far I hit my clubs, so I feel like that would better my game instantly
watty
AG
Yeah it does carry distance, swing speed, ball speed. A couple other data points but nothing too interesting. The next one up is what gives you your side spin, launch angle, total distance, fancy stuff like that.
Trinity Ag
S
I have one.

You have to use reflective dots to get good spin readings, but I've been pretty satisfied with mine. The distance reading on irons appear to be solid when averaged across a number of shots. It has also allowed me to experiment with my swing to help generate more clubhead speed.

One of the great features to me is its app can use your phone to take a video of every swing.

You can look at those where you hit it exceptionally well -- or poorly -- and diagnose any trends. I don't think any other low priced monitors do that.

If nothing else, it makes me slow down between shots on the range -- as I review the data after every shot.
JYDog90
AG
No Laying Up started advertising one this week:

https://rapsodo.com/nlu/

$499. $50 off with No Laying Up promo code.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Mr.Bond
AG
I wanted this but they dont support android
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

_lefraud_
AG
Obligatory take the $500 and go get lessons.

Half kidding, half not.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Your friends thank you and leave you out for the green texts
Mr.Bond
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Your friends thank you and leave you out for the green texts

You apple clones amuse me

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
No that everyone is moving to signal it's not nearly the problem
jja79
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Awaiting deliver of one of these. I don't IOS but my kid does so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of feedback he gets from it. The NLU promo worked which was great.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jja79 said:

Willy Wonka said:

Awaiting deliver of one of these. I don't IOS but my kid does so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of feedback he gets from it. The NLU promo worked which was great.

Post a review here. Really want to give this one a shot.
jja79
AG
Ordered it Thursday using the NLU discount will wonka posted. $50 off and got it today. Kid went straight to the range. Based on what he's seen on track man the numbers look plenty accurate. Set up was so easy even we could do it. Very pleased.

I really like the instant replay of every shot.

txaggie2012
AG
Is this the beginning of the technology coming down in cost? Crazy some of these things are 10,000+

Was the technology that expensive to develop or was it a this golf we'll mostly be selling to pros, club pros and people with money kind of deal?
Old Tom Morris
How far back does the monitor have to be?
jja79
AG
6 or 8 feet.
jja79
AG
Here's a question I have. PGA Tour on TV doesn't show shot tracer on every shot. This thing cost me $449 and it has shot tracer on every shot, distance, launch angle, ball speed, club speed along some other things including play back immediately after you hit the shot. How in the heck can TV not have shot tracer on every shot?
cjsag94
AG
txaggie2012 said:

Is the 500$ one essentially only good for getting your yardages? I'm not trying to be a pro so I don't think I need a expensive pro tracker. But I have no idea how far I hit my clubs, so I feel like that would better my game instantly

Buy Garmin approach s20. Track every shot on the course with couch of a button, then syncs to app on your phone. Calculates average of each club in your bag over time using GPS distances.

If you want to really know how far you hit your clubs.. this is the approach I use.

Eta: and it's under $200
jja79
AG
Isn't that a different thing though? A watch? I've never had a Garmin anything so I honestly don't know but does it give you launch angle, ect?
cjsag94
AG
Not at all.. but OP replied he didn't need all that extra stuff, just wanted to know how far he hit his clubs

The Garmin watch is just a GPS tracker to give on course distances. But it also adds club tracking and syncing to Garmin golf, which gives an awful lot of great on course analytics for those of us who cares to geek out on that stuff.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.