Go live the dream

1,478 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgLA06
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Want to work at Augusta National?
TecRecAg
AG
I've got to imagine being a grounds crew is a high pressure job there. Anything short of absolute perfection is a failure.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Went on a wed par three tourney way too early and had to wait near the entrance to the par 3 tourney grounds while the maintenance crew finished up.
One guys job was watering the ponds after mowing to push the clippings to the side while another guy used a pool leaf net to pick them all up.
I mean even the nature areas along the outside perimeter were pristine
AggieDruggist89
AG
Wouldn't be my dream to work there. Would be neat to go play there but that's about it.
Ezra Brooks
AG
They aren't letting "the help" tee it up on a Tuesday afternoon.
AgLA06
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

They aren't letting "the help" tee it up on a Tuesday afternoon.

Possibly.

I do know other elite courses allow "the help" to do just that as long as no one else is on the course (which isn't rare). I have a friend that is a super that was at 2 elite courses in Texas before taking a job out of state. I was very fortunate to play those courses with him at times as long as I could get there inside of an hour of his all clear call in the middle of the week. Often the parking lots would be relatively full without a single person on the course. Knowing how little play is actually allowed of members, you most likely have an empty course a large amount of the time.

He explained it this way. The management team's job was to know the course better than the members and be able to address a problem before they could find it. Just walking the course was good, but playing it helped see things from the players (customers) perspective. It also allowed him to be able to intelligently discuss proposed course changes (read argue against any dumb ideas) proposed by the members.

It didn't hurt that he was a great golfer even though he only played a couple times a month, his bosses often pushed him to try and play competitively.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.