Anyone selling a set of 13-15 USA Kids clubs

1,000 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BoDog
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My boy is in that middle ground between a junior set and full size. He probably will grow out of the 13-15 set by the end of summer. Hopefully one of your garages looks like mine and have a kids set you're no longer using that you'd like to get rid of.

I'm looking for what I think is the gold set for kids 63"-66".

Thanks.
Formerly Willy Wonka
jj9000
AG
My suggestion is to move him to adult clubs...the full bag.

If he's between 5 feet and 5.5 feet tall and reasonably strong...he can handle adult clubs.

Once you get up into the USK Tour Series 60-63 the heads are only 5% lighter than adult heads.

A set of AP1 716s with A flex shafts will work just fine.
JYDog90
AG
I have an old set of Ping Eye 2's. Would you recommend putting him in those?
Formerly Willy Wonka
jj9000
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Not if he doesn't have the swing speed for the shafts.

It really depends on his skill level...and his goals.

There's nothing wrong with Eye 2 irons...and I don't want to get into a Blades vs. Cavity Back vs SGI type derail with the rest of the board...but my personal suggestion would be to get him into newer set of pre-owned irons that he can launch the ball higher and farther with.
JYDog90
AG
jj9000 said:

Willy Wonka said:

Not if he doesn't have the swing speed for the shafts.

It really depends on his skill level...and his goals.

There's nothing wrong with Eye 2 irons...and I don't want to get into a Blades vs. Cavity Back vs SGI type derail with the rest of the board...but my personal suggestion would be to get him into newer set of pre-owned irons that he can launch the ball higher and farther with.
That's not the discussion I'm looking to have either. His clubhead speed with a full size driver is about 71mph, 7 iron about 63, 9 iron about 61. The 7i and the 9i are junior clubs.

When he really connects with his driver, he's hitting it 185, 7 iron about 90 and 9 iron about 60
Formerly Willy Wonka
CapCity12thMan
AG

Quote:

When he really connects with his driver, he's hitting it 185, 7 iron about 90 and 9 iron about 60

my son is 13, and my other one is 11...13yo is a bit longer than this, 11 year old is right there with yours. My 11yo has. the 60" maroon ones. My 13 year olf has the TopFLite GamerX junior set. The Gamers are heavy clubs.

Really important to get the right size/fit clubs. Don't cut down adult sets. The weight/balance/flex needs to be right for them to have any amount of success.
jj9000
AG
Willy Wonka said:

That's not the discussion I'm looking to have either. His clubhead speed with a full size driver is about 71mph, 7 iron about 63, 9 iron about 61. The 7i and the 9i are junior clubs.

OK...with these numbers...agree with what has been posted.

Stick with US Kids until he grows a bit and/or gets stronger.
dodger02
AG
My daughter just signed up for Jr High golf. She's in 7th grade and is 62" tall and average athletic build.

She's only dabbled in playing, having just hit balls with me in the back yard when I'm chipping. In my small town, the golf team isn't super competitive in Jr High. I don't think any of the girls trying out for the team have ever seriously played.

Is there any reason why these couldn't be good for several years of use?
BoDog
AG
Not to interject but I have a similar circumstance. My boss purchased Calloway Reva's for his wife at Christmas. Apparently she has zero interest in golf so he suggested our 13 year old (around 5'2" in growing) get them cut to his sizing. They appear to be a 40 gram shaft so much lighter-though they do not appear near as lofted as his current junior set.

Money obviously is not an issue with him as he would simply give me a $1200 set of clubs and I greatly appreciate his generosity. I know he could sell them at PGA supercenter and get a nice credit towards whatever it is he is into these days.

My worry is that I take them and get them sized and my son does not like them or just prefers his old set at which time I would feel really weird selling them, etc-especially when my boss will ask me how junior is digging the new sticks....

My question is being that he is 13 and avg size and build would these clubs be beneficial once the shafts are cut or is there more to the story?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.