Colorado Golfing

1,541 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheGreatScott12
Retired Principal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Always try to take a summer golf trip with my brother and our wives. Our wives do not golf, so looking at a place where they would have things to do. Looking at the Broadmoor but that is really expensive.
Any suggestions?
NColoradoAG
Rent a place in Breckenridge or Vail. Within a 30 minute drive from Breck you have both Keystone courses, the 27 holes in Breck, and The Raven. From Vail you've got the Eagle/Vail course, Beaver Creek Golf Club, the Red Sky courses, and Lakota Canyon just a bit down the road. The Vail area overall is a little more pricey.

If you want a little less traffic and more seclusion you can go with Steamboat Springs. Two very nice golf courses. I believe both with run $150+ on green fees though.

If you want to play a lot of golf you cant go wrong with staying near the two Keystone courses. You can replay them for free on the day you pay a green fee.

If you dont want to go to the mountains, and the Broadmoor is too expensive, you could rent a place or post up at one of the hotels between Downtown and Castle Rock. You could stay at the Hiton Inverness and have access to that course. From there youre within 30 minutes of Arrowhead, Bear Dance, The Ridge at Castle Pines, and Red Hawk Ridge.
Retired Principal
AG
Appreciate it!!!
TecRecAg
AG
I played in Grand Lake and it was beautiful. Was there for a wedding but I'd go back just to play golf again.

Tons of shopping, drinks, etc for the ladies to do. I recommend renting a boat and touring the lake too.
htownag2007
AG
I haven't played at the courses around Grand Lake, but love the area. The town is big enough that they can find stuff to do as well.
I second renting a boat and going on the lake.

NColoradoAG
The Grand Lake area and community were heavily impacted by the East Troublesome Fire. Im not sure exactly if it impacted any of the golf but id definitely look into more detail.
whytho987654
The Raven in Silverthorne is a must play
schwabbin
AG
I second the Breck rec
Poot
We stayed near Silverthorne and played Breck, Raven and the Keystone courses.

While they were all good and very enjoyable, my personal rating goes:

1a: Keystone Ranch
1b: Keystone River (though opinions differ)
3: Raven
4: Breck
AggieIce
AG
Poot said:

We stayed near Silverthorne and played Breck, Raven and the Keystone courses.

While they were all good and very enjoyable, my personal rating goes:

1a: Keystone Ranch
1b: Keystone River (though opinions differ)
3: Raven
4: Breck

This
TheGreatScott12
AG
Mountain golf is my favorite. Last time I was in Colorado we did Aspen and played a course on the way in Glenwood Springs called Iron Bridge. It was great and I would recommend to anyone. Aspen Golf Club on the other hand was very underwhelming. Iron Bridge is worth the trip though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.