Wolfdancer

2,529 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone played it lately? Have a trip there in a week or so. Played it once a few years ago; I don't remember it being THAT hard, I just figured I wasn't that great of a golfer. But I've since heard it's super difficult- I guess I didn't appreciate it properly... really looking forward to it.
Yesterday
AG
It's not easy by any means but if you keep it in the fairway you can play well. I've never played it in the winter so I'm not sure how the course plays dormant.
dcrewint
The front is more challenging than the back in my books. I've played in winter a few times just not this year. My golf team plays there in February each year. It typically plays well then so I wouldn't expect much difference. Cold weather will hurt ya some. Just don't play on a windy day lol.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
The course isn't that hard but for some reason I cannot putt. Deceptive to read breaks etc in that course.
JJuarez1985
AG
Playing it on Saturday so Ill let you know what its like.
Poot
Yeah, it's really not that hard of a course, unless you're keeping score.

Personally, I find the front 9 vicious. The back 9 is considerably flatter with only a couple of exceptions. I enjoy the course a lot, difficulty and all.
Old School Brother
Played it in September, enjoyed it a lot. It was in good shape. Agree with other poster that front is tougher than the back.
inozips
AG
Decided to up grade from Colovista and am playing there tomorrow. Ought to be fun!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
"Slight" upgrade lol
XpressAg09
AG
rononeill said:

Anyone played it lately? Have a trip there in a week or so. Played it once a few years ago; I don't remember it being THAT hard, I just figured I wasn't that great of a golfer. But I've since heard it's super difficult- I guess I didn't appreciate it properly... really looking forward to it.
Call the Pro Shop and mention "Tame the Wolf" for 20% off.

Wolfdancer Golf Shop <alerts@teetimeinfo.com>
Thu, Oct 15, 2020, 9:04 AM
to me
We hope you enjoyed your Wolfdancer experience and found the course as challenging and breathtaking as we find it everyday.
Use this PromoCode: 'TAME THE WOLF' when booking your next tee time with us. Call the golf shop at 512-308-4770 and mention the promo during booking.
---This promotional code is 20% off the current rack rate and does not apply to discounted web rates, third party tee time specials, or tournaments.---
CTGilley
AG
Pine Forest in Bastrop is dollar for dollar my favorite course. $30 or less and has an awesome layout and views. Not really in great shape and never is but it is cheap and fun. Lots of elevation changes and scenery you would not expect.

No comparison to Wolf Dancer but if you are staying a couple days or want to get a warm up round, it is worth checking out.
CapCity12thMan
AG

Quote:

Not really in great shape and never is

usually translates to not fun, IMHO
CTGilley
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

Quote:

Not really in great shape and never is

usually translates to not fun, IMHO

usually yes. I took my BIL out there that is pretty picky and he loved it. They layout and price make up for it IMO. Fairways are normally good but greens are rarely perfect. I know that is a deal breaker for a lot of people.
AustinCountyAg
Curious if anyone has played wolfdancer lately? Headed that way this weekend hoping to "tame the wolf" and curious what conditions are like?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Curious if anyone has played wolfdancer lately? Headed that way this weekend hoping to "tame the wolf" and curious what conditions are like?

They are excellent. Best I've seen in a long time.
AustinCountyAg
thanks. hopefully the rain tomm doesn't make it too messy saturday
AggieKO
AG
I live in Caldwell and this is by far my favorite course to go with some buddies and get a round of drinking in haha. Super fun with all the elevations.
AustinCountyAg
AggieKO said:

I live in Caldwell and this is by far my favorite course to go with some buddies and get a round of drinking in haha. Super fun with all the elevations.
you might be better served playing colo or pine forest and taking your own beer, instead of the $8 or whatever they charge at wolfdancer....golf wise though the others don't compare that's for sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.