Spring Break ski and golf?

1,581 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bqce
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, with all the fun the snow brought us today in College Station, my wife has tasked me with finding a spring break snow ski escape. Pretty sure she's looking at Angel Fire (dropping hints). (I have never been skiing before) My question is, is there anywhere that offers ski and with a drive during a "thaw out day" would offer golf options during mid-March?
stxag8
AG
Not the most luxurious as far as skiing, but Flagstaff seems like a fit. Ski one day, 2 hour drive the next day to go play in Scottsdale or somewhere else in the valley.
_lefraud_
AG
Ski Apache near Ruidoso
proudaggie02
AG
Denver, but it's probably 60/40 on courses being open.

Santa Fe maybe?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Ski Tahoe, golf Sacramento 2 hours
Ski Big Bear, golf Palm Springs 2 hours
Yesterday
AG
stxag8 said:

Not the most luxurious as far as skiing, but Flagstaff seems like a fit. Ski one day, 2 hour drive the next day to go play in Scottsdale or somewhere else in the valley.
This is the option! I'd avoid New Mexico due to Covid restrictions.
Coward Jimbo
AG
South Lake Tahoe. Went last year and was a blast.
Yesterday
AG
Savior Jimbo said:

South Lake Tahoe. Went last year and was a blast.

Is the course open in March?
AgLA06
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Ski Apache near Ruidoso

It appears golf courses are closed in Ruidoso per Covid ordinances. All the courses in Ruidoso have that message on their websites. None say when reopening.

Is this just Ruidoso or all NM?
Coward Jimbo
AG
Now that I think about it we went late April
Rubble
AG
AgLA06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

Ski Apache near Ruidoso

It appears golf courses are closed in Ruidoso per Covid ordinances. All the courses in Ruidoso have that message on their websites. None say when reopening.

Is this just Ruidoso or all NM?

Possibly Ruidoso only. Taos CC was open until covered in snow. BUT, masks are required outdoors in New Mexico, so keep that in mind...

Angel Fire may not be open in March. It's around 8500' at the golf course, so could still be too cold, snow, etc.

I've been to Taos plenty of times in March where I skied and came back into town and put on shorts and flip flops, so if the course is open, that's a definite option.
dcrewint
Thanks for all the suggestions.
bqce
AG
There's a bunch of courses in the Minden, Gardenville, Reno area that should be open, which would be within a 45-60 minute drive from Heavenly.
Yesterday
AG
bqce said:

There's a bunch of courses in the Minden, Gardenville, Reno area that should be open, which would be within a 45-60 minute drive from Heavenly.

Very true. Any ski slopes on Nevada side?
bqce
AG
I don't know. I'm not a skier, but I am a drinker at the ski slopes. Like I said though, it's not far from Heavenly to the other side of the mountain where all the courses are.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.