PGA will strip Trump Bedminster of 2022 PGA Championship

3,936 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mr.Bond
1872walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nj.com/sports/2021/01/pga-will-strip-trump-bedminster-of-2022-pga-championship-insider-says.html

Quote:

Moving its major from Trump National has been debated internally at the PGA for more than two years, but executives have been reluctant to antagonize a famously vindictive man who controls the Internal Revenue Service. Such concerns melt away in 10 days, if not sooner."

DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL at that dramatic soy boy article
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
can somebody hurry up and kill wokeness, please?
DannyDuberstein
AG
And fyi OP, but this is indeed 100% fake news
DannyDuberstein
AG
Go on what? It is the dream of a soy boy named Eamon Lynch that is not based on fact. It is based on this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/01/09/eamon-lynch-donald-trump-no-safe-harbor-golf/amp/

DannyDuberstein
AG
The nj.com piece is based on the article I linked which is written by some hyper political yahoo and nowhere is there any factual basis that the PGA is moving it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's the first you've heard it because it's completely invented by this guy in this article
WhoopN06
Sounds official now. Smh
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well screw me. I'll eat my crow, but this is ridiculous
WhoopN06
Yep.
Cayo95
AG
This sucks. Wokeness (dumba$$ery) needs to go.
I Am A Critic
Now is a good time to remind the conservative snowflakes that they're for free markets, except when it hurts their fragile little feelings.
Username checks out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ironic given the only reason to move this is snowflake feelings. But you do you.

And who is saying they should be forbidden from moving it? It's dumb and super snowflake-ish (so much so that I admittedly didn't believe they could be so snowflake-ish), but they can do what they want.

Good post though LOL
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Now is a good time to remind the conservative snowflakes that they're for free markets, except when it hurts their fragile little feelings.

I'm thinking of the local businesses that will suffer from this. After enduring the boondoggle that is Covid. You go ahead and feel good about harming others to satisfy your juvenile reaction to a person you don't like.
CyAg86
AG
PGA gave into the cancel culture and moved their annual event from Doral a few years ago.
I Am A Critic
Troutslime said:

I Am A Critic said:

I'm thinking of the local businesses that will suffer from this. After enduring the boondoggle that is Covid. You go ahead and feel good about harming others to satisfy your juvenile reaction to a person you don't like.

Trump Bedminster is in BFE. It's doubtful that there are a lot of small businesses that would benefit.
Username checks out.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Just wait until the cancel culture comes after The Masters...
bodaciousbood14
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Fred Ridley is no idiot...he saw the writing on the wall and probably contributed (not the only reason...just contributed) to why he has Lee Elder taking the ceremonial tee shot with Jack and Gary Player.
03_Aggie
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Comes? Masters has already been there and done that.
The Milkman
AG
Troutslime said:

I Am A Critic said:

Its not as if they are cancelling the event. Another location with other local businesses will benefit instead.
AgLA06
AG
The Milkman said:

Troutslime said:

I Am A Critic said:

Its not as if they are cancelling the event. Another location with other local businesses will benefit instead.
I hope the course sues the hell out of them. I imagine a lot of effort, time, and money has gone into preparing for this. It would be interesting to see if there is a contract for this or not.
AgLA06
AG
The Milkman said:

Troutslime said:

I Am A Critic said:

I'm sure those on the hook for the marketing, booking of corresponding concerts / shows, and events will find solace in that.

Pretty ****ty for them.
AgLA06
AG
In the interview on Golf Channel right now with PGA leadership they keep emphasizing how diverse their membership is and this isn't a political decision.

• Considering the left traditionally hammers them for being a white and conservative membership, is this anywhere close to correct?
  • If you keep having to say this isn't political, even you don't believe that.
  • Regardless of politics, Trump has to be one of the biggest golf developers / investing internationally right now. How dumb are you to F yourself like this by intertidally screwing him?

Post removed:
by user
Wicked Good Ag
All I know is the politics Forum doesn't mesh well with Golf forum

They are separate for a reason
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

All I know is the politics Forum doesn't mesh well with Golf forum

They are separate for a reason

I agree, but perhaps you should inform the PGA. We didn't cause this
dcrewint
I would assume the PGA has their contract lawyers all over it before they verbally cancelled.

As for the, 'how dumb are you..." comment, it seems to be a growing trend, right?
WhoopN06
I Am A Critic said:

This guy brought politics into this thread. Nobody mentioned conservative / liberal before him.
TexAgs1992
While I agree the move is silly, I would be excited with the PGA of America moving it to Southern Hills or Shoal Creek as rumored. Avoid Liberty National at all costs.
Yesterday
AG
White conservatives don't boycott. That's the reason the PGA wants to move it because they know their base will still show up and watch.

Woke liberals are vindictive and will send their army of Twitter/Google bots to control the narrative and force sponsors to bow out etc. Its a dirty game but the left including tech plays it well. Until conservatives stand up and stop letting organizations that they love piss on them this will continue.
bagger05
AG
I get it.

The 2022 PGA is about 15 months away.

If you change venues, a huge percentage of people won't even know that this was ever an issue. A huge percentage of those that knew about it will have forgotten about it or stopped caring. You are basically guaranteeing that everything about the event will be about the event.

Let's say you don't change. Who on earth knows what Trump is going to do or say post-presidency? Who knows what you could be signing up for by leaving your event attached to the Trump name? In all likelihood it would be no big deal. But after last Wednesday I think the PGA probably had the discussion of "we don't know what this dude is going to do next -- that introduces a lot of risk for this event and invites a lot of potential problems we don't want to deal with."

Change the venue, and it's one question at the opening press conference. Don't change it, and it's possible that it will be the only thing anyone wants to talk about.

I get it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.