Headed to Lajitas

1,926 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Texas Ag 15
suprafly03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably not the best time of year, but it's my 40th.

Any thoughts? Any things for the wives?

All recommendations welcome!
TecRecAg
AG
Never been, but I'm jealous.

Hit em straight!
Hanrahan
AG
Have fun, it's great. Nothing for the wives really outside of what is at the resort, so expect a large wine and spa bill. It's in the middle of no where.

That's assuming the spa and shops and stuff are even open??
khaos288
AG
Are you staying multiple days? I would suggest playing up a ton first thing in the morning and just take in the views. The sunrise on the first few holes is awesome. Learn the course.

Play the afternoon from the back or your normal tees. It's a whole different course from the different tee boxes.

Second piece of advice. Don't fall for the resort trap on snacks and what not. Stop on the way and load up on beer and chips.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Go to the Starlight Theater in Terlingua for drinks on the porch at sundown. Food is pretty good, too.

SW AG80
AG
Typically a great time of year to be there. Will be really cool to cold in the am but beautiful in the afternoon.
Yesterday
AG
Desert golf is my favorite. You'll love it.
ddub96
AG
Stayed and played there last year. Loved it. One thing I learned is they will not pair you with anyone. You can be a single playing behind a foursome. Weather totally different now but when I went all groups went early due to the heat. I would ask them if you are a single when you could go off to try and avoid being stuck behind a large group. Course is incredible. One hole has a blind tee with a creek running along the right side of the fairway and then cutting across the front of the green. Just hit like a 3-5 iron type shot. Spa on site. Love the area and hit some of the places in terlingua as suggested. Espresso y poco mas is another spot in terlingua I would try.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Agreed on everything said above. Would recommend you try to play the course twice. I went in September with my wife and the first time playing you are just in awe of everything. Played by myself also and was able to go off again right after I played my first round. If you have flexibility on where you stay and it's available, check out Basecamp Terlingua. My wife found it and we stayed in one of their Bubbles. Really cool experience and would recommend it to anyone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.