Maui

2,428 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Diet Cokehead
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed to Maui next month and looking for recommendations. I've played both Kaanapali courses where we are staying and will probably hit the Royal course again. I've also played The Dunes at Maui Lani but don't think I'll make the drive back over to that one. I'm thinking about playing the Bay course at Kapalua. Anybody played there or Pukalani, Maui Nui or Waiehu? Any other recommendations?
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Has been many years but Makena South had some great views. Didn't break the bank either.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Plantation course is worth the money IMO.
dcrewint
Plantation course at Kapalua is way better. If you don't mind spending the extra penny I highly recommend a ferry ride to Lanai and play the Manele Golf Course. Tons of ocean scenic holes. I played the Wailea courses and I think the two to play would be Gold and Emerald. Whichever 2 are on the same property. The one by itself(which I believe is the Blue course) is boring.
BigHitterDaLama
dcrewint said:

Plantation course at Kapalua is way better. If you don't mind spending the extra penny I highly recommend a ferry ride to Lanai and play the Manele Golf Course. Tons of ocean scenic holes. I played the Wailea courses and I think the two to play would be Gold and Emerald. Whichever 2 are on the same property. The one by itself(which I believe is the Blue course) is boring.
This.

And Makena
tamu2009
AG
I was so glad I spent the extra and played Plantation. I played like dog crap but had the place to myself and the course was impeccable and the views were fantastic. It was my faveorite round of 2020
GDP
Makena South is no more. Those 2 courses were redone by Discovery Land Company years ago and now there is just one course. Awesome 18 but now a private club with no public access.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
GDP said:

Makena South is no more. Those 2 courses were redone by Discovery Land Company years ago and now there is just one course. Awesome 18 but now a private club with no public access.
Nooooooooooo!

Damn, I loved that course.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
GDP said:

Wow... what a shame.
cab559
AG
Skip the Bay Course and Kannapali. Very forgettable, both of them.

Do Manale Bay (was incredible), and make it an all day trip so you can play more than 18, and give the plantation a go. Unfortunately it was closed when I went in 2019.

I also really enjoyed Wailea. I can't remember which one we played, but it was considered the best one (maybe Emerald?). That was my second favorite behind Manele on the trip.
Rubble
AG
Kapalua...and play 18 from the tips and let us know how it goes
mazag08
AG
Please punch a couple of commies while you are there.
Austintm
Bay course is fine, and has a handful of Oceanside holes. That said, Plantation course is much better, and a bucket-list course.
oldschool87
AG
Call me cheap...

384 dollars to play golf at the plantation course, When there is always a 50% chance of rain and 40 mph winds...

I would rather play the Kannapoli courses 5 times for less money...

And, yes I have played the Plantation course. Its nice, but, not sure its 400 dollars nice.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I was sitting at home watching the tournament with my 2 toddlers going ape-s**t, and I told my wife I would pay $5,000 to teleport to that course right now to play.
dcrewint
It is expensive. I'm pretty sure I chose a package deal with three rounds. However, I think they allowed for 2 of those rounds to be at the Plantation course (currently it shows only one time there online) or maybe I called and they changed it up for me because I played there twice the week I was there and wouldn't have played a 2nd time at that rate.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I paid for some kind of deal where we played 36 holes. Plantation in the morning and Bay in the afternoon. I think the second round ended up being 50% off or something.
Rubble
AG
I played it 23 years ago. No clue how much it cost because my dad paid for my 18th birthday. Pretty sure it wasn't $300 though...
Diet Cokehead
AG
dcrewint said:

Nailed it. I've played every course in Maui and this is the best advice. Plantation is worth the money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.