Balls

6,061 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiegolfer03
stallion6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another vote for Snell MTB Black.
Cloud
How is durability of the snells? Heard conflicting reports
jja79
AG
It's good. Don't ricochet of trees and you're good.
elchucoag93
AG
E said:

Ag_07 said:

Bridgestone e6

Not crazy spin, long off the tee, and nice feel

$22/dzn

This has been my favorite for those reasons

Same here, and on lostgolfballs.com bought a bucket of 48 for around $55
AgEngr16
AG
Even if you ricochet off a tree, I've had instances were I may see discoloration but no scuffs of cuts.

Snell's founder (Dean Snell) help engineer the original ProV1 and led the charge for Taylormade on the TP line of balls. Took all that and made one hell of a lineup of balls at a great price.
jja79
AG
I've been buying Snell since they first came out. Ordered 5 dozen this morning, $144 delivered to my front porch on thursday.

I've heard Dean Snell a number of times discussing the pricing model and why the tour balls cost so much. There's no doubt the Pro V line is great balls but paying a $20/dozen premium just so Justin Thomas, Jim Nantz and an advertising agency can get paid makes no sense to me. I seldom play but my son is a good player and he and more and more of the young guys he plays with are playing the MTB-X.

AgEngr16
AG
I first tried them just before everything shutdown and have been very impressed with them. Switched from a ProV1/TP5 mix to straight MTB-X. I'm not great but good enough (6-8 hdcp) to see a difference in my game based on the ball and there is no drop off from the "premium" to Snell.

Every time someone asks what ball I use, they are surprised Snell is my go to ball....until I let them use one. 100% agree with the price logic Snell uses.
G Martin 87
AG
Anyone tried the Snell Get Sum 2-piece ball?
irish pete ag06
AG
Anyone play the AVX. I really dig the low ball flight. Haven't made the full switch though. Still gaming my ZStar.
cablinaggie
AG
I like the feel of the lower compression balls, plus two guys in my regular foursome play ProV1s and it's always "I think this is mine", "no you were way right", "what number are you" etc. with them so I've been playing Oncore Avants this year. They had a special $39.99 for 3 dozen last month, but I just checked their site and they're $20/doz.

For me, great feel on iron shots and low spin off the driver and nobody from the next fairway over hitting your ball by accident.
FincAggie06
AG
Agree with this. The feel of the MTB-X is very similar to the Pro-V1 (I can't tell the difference). I've seen no appreciable difference in distance and the feel/spin around the green is on par with the PV1 as well. Given the price per dozen, the MTX-X is a no brainer for me.
G Martin 87
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Anyone play the AVX. I really dig the low ball flight. Haven't made the full switch though. Still gaming my ZStar.
I like the AVX; it's a great windy day ball. But I can't hold a green with one ever if the course is dry. Skips right through to the back side.
AledoAg86
AG
I've started playing the AVX some. So far I'm really liking it. However, I would like to play it on some warm & dry days before fully switching from the Pro V1x.
irish pete ag06
AG
G Martin 87 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I like the AVX; it's a great windy day ball. But I can't hold a green with one ever if the course is dry. Skips right through to the back side.
I am a weird player... I seem to spin the ball a bunch but have a swing speed that would be considered remotely high I think (ball speed on my driver is usually 155-160 at the driving range on Top Tracer).

I decided to buy some near mints off ebay and make the full switch for a while to see if they are better than my usual Z Star.

I just seem to really love the feel of super low compression balls. Playing 9 holes the other day and was +3 through 2 holes. Switched to one of my sons Maxfli Softfli balls and played holes 3 through 9 at minus 2. That was the final straw on going all in on the lower compression experiment. They seem to straighten my ball flight out.

I just seem to manage my game better when the ball flies lower and straighter, even if it doesn't check up the greatest. I'll report back after a few rounds with the AVX exclusively.
TecRecAg
AG
Just switched to the RBZs and I'm never going back.
txaggie2012
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Golfballs.com,

There's a way to generate $20 coupon. Legally. Then I buy their previous year Chrome Soft or Srixon XV for $29 on sale. Then I pay $6 shipping and spend $15 per dozen. Been doing it for 2 years

And you generate the coupon how?
AggieDruggist89
AG
https://www.americangolfcensus.com/

Do you see a golfballs.com link at the top right? Follow direction. You're welcome.
khaos288
AG
G Martin 87 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Really? It's got a urethane cover that spins great for me. I can stick everything 6 and lower. Really back it up with wedges.

Love avx, but pricey. Going to try another ball next time I buy 10 dozen.
G Martin 87
AG
Has to do with the low ball flight for me, not spin. I need a ball that launches higher and falls steeper.
txaggie2012
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Do you see a golfballs.com link at the top right? Follow direction. You're welcome.

Gracias! How often can you do it?
khaos288
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Has to do with the low ball flight for me, not spin. I need a ball that launches higher and falls steeper.

Interesting. I have a pretty low ball flight, but never noticed a lack of stopping on the greens.
AggieDruggist89
AG
txaggie2012 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Gracias! How often can you do it?

Did it work??
txaggie2012
AG
Yes it did
AggieDruggist89
AG
Well, try again...
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I have been crushing this box of ProV1x much better than those ****ty callaway rehits I had, playing with the same brand and make feels a lot better
aggiegolfer03
AG
I'd rather play with pro VI refurbs than any other "value" ball.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.