Young Executive clubcorp question

6,252 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 07fta07
sgonzang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A quick question to those young execs, especially those who are a part of Kingwood
Does the ability to play a tee time before the restricted time (12 I believe on weekends) vary if the main person who gets the tee time is a full access member?
For example, if I was a young exec and got added on to an early saturday morning tee time, would I be allowed to play ? Is the restriction on playing or booking an early tee time?
Thanks in advance
Yesterday
AG
I know at Hackberry you're not allowed to play before noon with young exec even if a full access adds you on. I would call the Proshop and ask your specific club.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Not a CC member but these things are typically dependent on who makes the tee time.

You don't have the ability to reserve the time, but can play with a full member who does. The significant part is the ability to reserve the time.
cmk10
AG
The before 12:00 restriction is why i haven't switched to golf trails of the woodlands to Kingwood. Way too hot in the summer to start a round after 12:00...
LHIOB
AG
Im Young Exec at Gleneagles and Ive had no problem playing at any time
bagger05
AG
Anybody a member in Dallas that can answer some basic questions? Thinking about joining Hackberry or Brookhaven and want a rundown of how it all works.

What privileges do you get at your home course?
What privileges do you get at other courses?
Do you get access to Tower Club downtown if you join a golf club?
Do you have to pay a cart fee at your own club every time you play?
Any intel on initiation and dues at these two clubs?
Difference for initiation and dues between YEX and full members?
What do you have to pay besides dues at each of these places (food and drink minimums? assessments?)

Specific opinions about both clubs is welcome. I like the idea that Brookhaven has two courses. Never played any of these tracks. Obviously would want to check them out before signing up.
Yesterday
AG
bagger05 said:

Anybody a member in Dallas that can answer some basic questions? Thinking about joining Hackberry
or Brookhaven and want a rundown of how it all works.

What privileges do you get at your home course? A full member gets any tee time you want.
What privileges do you get at other courses? You can play other CC courses that aren't tier 1 at no additional cost. You are limited to two tee times per month per course and they are limited on times. IE no early morning saturday or sunday.
Do you get access to Tower Club downtown if you join a golf club? Yes
Do you have to pay a cart fee at your own club every time you play? Yes but they have a cart plan which is worth it if you play more than 4 times/month. It's $22.80/ cart fee
Any intel on initiation and dues at these two clubs? I think it's $500 initiation with ~$300/month
Difference for initiation and dues between YEX and full members? Roughly $150/month in dues
What do you have to pay besides dues at each of these places (food and drink minimums? assessments?)No minimums and no assessments.

Specific opinions about both clubs is welcome. I like the idea that Brookhaven has two courses. Never played any of these tracks. Obviously would want to check them out before signing up.

If I was strictly picking either club based on club alone and not distance I would go Brookhaven. I think it has three courses and the pool/social scene is huge. They have a huge membership. I like Hackberry's course over any other clubcorp course I've played. It's tough and consistently has USGA qualifiers so it's a nice challenging set up to play if you're going to play one course a lot.

I'm basing this on my experience as a member of Hackberry for 7 years.
YourFavAggie
AG
Technically, you can play if you pay a guest fee
Eyes of texas Crying
YourFavAggie
AG
YEX limitations depend on the club
Eyes of texas Crying
LHIOB
AG
Im supposed to be limited
YourFavAggie
AG
I should have prefaced that comment like my first with a "technically" too.

They are enforced differently depending on the club. That I do know
Eyes of texas Crying
REMARCH11
AG
Yeah sorry, I'm at Oakmont so not sure how those two work.

I can tell you at OCC, I don't think it would be an issue other than fighting to get a time. We have several Men's groups that play on Saturday and Sunday and depending on the weather, it can be tough getting in.
bagger05
AG
How's the networking at Hackberry Creek?

I'm in industrial manufacturing so not looking to meet leads; just people excited about helping each other grow their businesses.
1990AG
AG
Yesterday said:

I know at Hackberry you're not allowed to play before noon with young exec even if a full access adds you on. I would call the Proshop and ask your specific club.
This is correct at our club as well. I think it is policy for all CC clubs.

Could you get a pro that looks the other way at check in? maybe, but you get into a bit of an awkward situation....

Ezra Brooks
AG
1990AG said:

Yesterday said:

Could you get a pro that looks the other way at check in? maybe, but you get into a bit of an awkward situation....
This is the correct answer.

I'm at Kingwood, who the OP specifically asked about. At the moment I'm just a Fitness/Social Member, but have been YEX in the past.

You are really at the mercy of the knowledge/attitude of the Pro answering the phones &/Or doing check-in in the Pro-Shop. Back when I was YEX, they really didn't care too much and you could play at pretty much any time without much hassle.

There have been some e-mail reminders about certain member levels being restricted on tee-times in the last year or so, so it's at least a topic of conversation.

I'd venture to guess that if you aren't the guy trying to make the tee-time that you have a better chance of playing outside of your window.
1990AG
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

1990AG said:

Yesterday said:

This is the correct answer.

I'm at Kingwood, who the OP specifically asked about. At the moment I'm just a Fitness/Social Member, but have been YEX in the past.

You are really at the mercy of the knowledge/attitude of the Pro answering the phones &/Or doing check-in in the Pro-Shop. Back when I was YEX, they really didn't care too much and you could play at pretty much any time without much hassle.

There have been some e-mail reminders about certain member levels being restricted on tee-times in the last year or so, so it's at least a topic of conversation.

I'd venture to guess that if you aren't the guy trying to make the tee-time that you have a better chance of playing outside of your window.
I've got two buddies that are YEX now and one is changing back to full because of the scheduling hassle. they have really tightened up lately for whatever reason

Gabriel Belmont
AG
I'm a YEX member at Kingwood.

Of the four courses you aren't allowed before noon on two of them on the weekend (Island and Forest) but there's no problem with booking the others (Marsh and Lake). The system simply won't let your name be added to the tee sheet for those two even if someone else is trying to add you. If you are signed up as a guest and try to get around it that way it just depends on who is checking you in.

They have tightened up on it as membership increased a good bit from covid and so many working from home with more time to golf.

There are exceptions to getting to play mornings around holidays from what I've found. Essentially if you can add yourself in the app then they don't ask questions.
DadAG10
My understanding is that full members have been getting shut out on morning times at some of CC courses because the "system" allowed YEX to get early times.

They are tightening the system to not allow that to happen.
Yesterday
AG
bagger05 said:

How's the networking at Hackberry Creek?

I'm in industrial manufacturing so not looking to meet leads; just people excited about helping each other grow their businesses.

It's pretty good. I play on Friday's with a group of 5-8 guys. I never okay weekends though. Got three kids and can never get out.
TechPracAggie
YEX went away at Prestonwood on Nov 1. We were moved to a pricing plan that was geared around access level. The levels are:

• Full Membership Both Courses (Creeks limited to 475 full golf members)
  • Full Membership Hills - Weekday Membership Creeks
  • Full Membership Hills - No Creeks
  • Weekday Hills - No Creeks

Rumor has it, this will eventually be changed system-wide and Prestonwood was one of the first.

Discounts should be access based, giving people a discount because of age is dumb. I was getting a discount as YEX, but getting tee-times was ridiculous. Now it's easy.
LHIOB
AG
I left PWood when they did the re-org
ChoppinDs40
AG
LHIOB said:

I left PWood when they did the re-org

Stonebridge is doing it also
EP
AG
Anyone a member at The Hills in Lakeway? Want to get some insider knowledge on the membership costs, etc.
07fta07
AG
I heard last week from our club that all Clubcorps are going away from age based to access based and it will be done very soon. They tested it at 3 clubs and decided to move forward with it. I guess Prestonwood was one of those 3.
EP
AG
Guessing that means the discount for younger folks is going away?
07fta07
AG
That's correct
EP
AG
Brutal... better jump on it now then...
07fta07
AG
It doesn't matter if you have had it for 5 years or 5 minutes, it's going away. Everyone will be paying equal amounts for equal access regardless of age.
EP
AG
Are they going to standardize the initiation fee structure too? Cus if so, it gets much more expensive.
07fta07
AG
I assume so, although I did not hear about that specifically.
YourFavAggie
AG
epmonies said:

Are they going to standardize the initiation fee structure too? Cus if so, it gets much more expensive.

Clubs that move away from YEX will be standardized based on access to tee times. Limited vs all access. That includes Initiation fees
Eyes of texas Crying
Captain Quagmire
AG
07fta07 said:

I heard last week from our club that all Clubcorps are going away from age based to access based and it will be done very soon. They tested it at 3 clubs and decided to move forward with it. I guess Prestonwood was one of those 3.

Any idea when this is supposed to happen? We are looking at joining later on in the year, but it sounds like it may be more worthwhile to join now if the initiation fees are going to be standardized as well.
07fta07
AG
Soon is all I was told. I expect it in the next couple months at our club. I'm not sure if all clubs will do it at the same time or if it will be on their own schedule.
ProAg07
AG
Join Hearthstone
Better greens
Not as many company tourneys
Only 27 holes and not as aesthetic but the people make it
07fta07
AG
That's where I am
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.