Pine Forest

10,705 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jf8
ZosoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am sure this has been discussed on this thread but any members of Pine Forrest on here? If so, would you recommend? Hard to get tee-times? Conditions pretty decent for the price? Pace of play ok? Also are they kid friendly? Looking for a place to eventually take my boys to play with me.
Aggie369
AG
Interested in this as well
AustinCountyAg
I'm guessing Houston PF and not Bastrop?
Larry S Ross
AG
It's a great place. Reasonably priced. Lots of activities. Family friendly. 3 nine hole courses. Tee times aren't usually a problem. Pace of play is fine. Plenty of member golf tournaments to play. Seniors have a small tournament every Tuesday morning.
Food is good as well. Last I heard they were close to being full. Up to the end of October they had the initiation fee special at $3500. Not sure if they extended.
About $700 a month base cost( dues and f and b charges). They do have cart fees and range fees. Friendly staff and attentive.
Hope this helps.
Good Day.
DRE06
AG
I've been out at PFCC since June 2016.

With three 9's, there is never an issue getting a tee time and course stays in good shape because they are able to give each 9 a rest. Even during the tournaments (unless its a major one taking up all three nines), you can often still play the 3rd nine.

There's something for everyone at the club. Senior Men's League, monthly MGA tournaments, Tuesday night guys league, poker nights. Tons of tennis courts (8+ outdoord plus 2 indoor). The pool is incredible (lazy river, splash pad for kids, slide, etc). During the summer, its not unusual for us to go the pool Fri after work and then again on Saturday and Sunday with the kids.

One thing I've noticed is that because the club doesn't sit in a huge neighborhood, it doesn't get as crowded even though membership is basically full.
D10878
AG
I'm also out there. Great club and as was mentioned above, no issues getting on. Practice facilities can get busy and we hit off the mats too often in my opinion. If thats not a big deal to you than take a look. Happy to host you sometime. Lots of Ags out there too.
ConvAg34
I played there yesterday for the first time and really liked the course/facilities. Any idea what young exec rates are running currently? I typically play 4-8 rounds a month, so thinking that a membership somewhere would be extremely beneficial. TIA
htxbr
I'm looking to join as well and in the application process. It's a ~3 month waitlist for YE. The rates are $3k initiation fee and $330-470 monthly dues ($330 for 21-29 yo gradually increasing to $470 for 36-39 yo).
cj2011
Did either of you end up joining PF? If so, good decision so far? Pros & cons?

I'm also looking to join and get on the 3-4 month young exec waiting list.
terradactylexpress
What are the f&b mins? How do they handle range and cart fees? Is it a per time thing or just an added fee?
JCA1
AG
$75 F&B

Range is a one-time yearly fee. I forget how much.

Carts are $16/round.
cj2011
Range fee is $400 per year ($33/month) billed in January.

Cart fee is $20. Capital dues range based on age, $45/month for young exec.

They are also doing an assessment fee for new members of $650 to remodel the bar area. Sounds like this is the first one in 5-7 years.
terradactylexpress
The cart fee by round kills me, the entire point of a CC membership is to get away from things like that imo
Ag_07
AG
Yep

It's not the entire point but with a $20 cart fee every round makes the money aspect of it hard to justify.
cj2011
I agree but what clubs don't charge cart fees for members?
jja79
AG
Do they not have a monthly fee for unlimited?
cj2011
Not that I'm aware of
terradactylexpress
I haven't looked into too many others but usually there is a flat fee offered from what I had seen
cab559
AG
If you don't like the $20 fee there is an unlimited plan
JCA1
AG
At one time, there was an annual cart plan. Don't remember how much it was. I just remember doing the math and it didn't make sense for me, as I only get out there 3-4 times a month.
DadAG10
From their website:

"With 27 holes there's rarely a problem in getting a convenient tee time and it's perhaps the easiest course to walk in all of Houston."

Walk, it's good for you!
terradactylexpress
Mind your own business
terradactylexpress
It's 100 degrees out, Im not walking. I walk almost exclusively in the winter
DadAG10
I walk 60-70% of time, but not in 100 degrees like you.

And to your comment about CC membership and getting away from fees, that is exactly the opposite of CC management thoughts.
inozips
AG
Spitballing:
-Airplanes on final approach or taking off an issue at Pine Forest?
-Is it a stock club, meaning can you be assessed at the end of the year?
-Wonder if some clubs just raise the dues $100 a month or more & give unlimited cart use?
-Hearthstone on that side of town not an option? Seems like there is 27 there too and could have sworn I read on Texags they had some type of reciprocal with Traditions.
Poot
Hearthstone, while in pretty decent shape, isn't near the golf course that Pine Forest is IMO.
cj2011
ClubCorp has also restructured their club tier levels and I think access will be much more limited going forward. If you're on the W/NW side, your convenient options would be Falcon Point and Hearthstone. Neither seem to be on the level of PF and Falcon Point price is not far off.

Riverbend and Hearthstone are the two cheapest options and they are great courses. Other amenities are below average hence the price point.
terradactylexpress
Riverbend doesn't seem to have any amenities at all from the looks of it
07fta07
AG
I'm a member at Hearthstone. It's a good course, nothing special, but it's usually in good shape - great shape right now. Good people.
Pine Forest is definitely the better golf course but it's significantly more expensive.
jf8
Riverbend has amenities not in the "Country Club" way, but it does have tennis courts, pool, playground, and dining. Most of it is built around the golf course which IMO is just as good if not better $ for $.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.