WTB - Travel Golf Bag

2,205 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgOutsideAustin
Goodbull_19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently planning a winter trip to Scottsdale, but I've never flown my golf clubs before. Anyone have a travel case they are looking to part with?

Also, any suggestions for Scottsdale trip? Looking at flying down Friday night, and playing 1 round on each Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Rubble
AG
Don't have anything to part with, but I'd suggest Club Glove Last Bag if you plan on traveling more with your sticks.

As far as suggestions, Scottsdale is one of the more frequently requested on this board and there are a few threads to search for with everything you'll need to know. Here are some of the recent ones:

https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/3145062/replies/57608481

https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/3123176/replies/56956728

https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/3113379/replies/56601036
DallasAggie89
AG
I second the Club Glove. It will be a one time purchase.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If you get a soft bag, get a Stiff Arm

https://www.tgw.com/club-glove-stiff-arm-travel-cover-brace?SITE_ID=A2004&CID=PLA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw59n8BRD2ARIsAAmgPmJjttPqsAWJkpVEsAsL9cIyIGLlo82zjo63KSJemcIL7wFCOGWkm2gaAqALEALw_wcB
singer10
AG
If you're in Houston you're welcome to borrow mine. I just need it from December 29th to January 3rd.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I have a Samsonite hard sided golf travel case I'll let go for $50. Retails for over $200. I'm in San Antonio.

TSA broke the pull tab on one of the two zippers, but it still zips completely closed. Unless you replace the metal pull tab, the only malfunction is that there isn't a way to lock the bag.
Austintm
Club Glove and a Stiff Arm. Been using them for years with no issues.
Goodbull_19
AG
that's very generous, thank you, but I am in DFW! Thanks for the offer though!
Goodbull_19
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

I have a Samsonite hard sided golf travel case I'll let go for $50. Retails for over $200. I'm in San Antonio.

TSA broke the pull tab on one of the two zippers, but it still zips completely closed. Unless you replace the metal pull tab, the only malfunction is that there isn't a way to lock the bag.
That sounds great! I am in DFW but will be in San Antonio during the Thanksgiving holiday. My brother lives in SA, I may have him come pick it up. Could you send a picutre? Two1zero, 8nineseven, 1four9 2
Goodbull_19
AG
Rubble said:

Don't have anything to part with, but I'd suggest Club Glove Last Bag if you plan on traveling more with your sticks.

As far as suggestions, Scottsdale is one of the more frequently requested on this board and there are a few threads to search for with everything you'll need to know. Here are some of the recent ones:

https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/3145062/replies/57608481

https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/3123176/replies/56956728

https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/3113379/replies/56601036

Thanks!
_lefraud_
AG
I'm in DFW and you can borrow mine.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Goodbull_19 said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

That sounds great! I am in DFW but will be in San Antonio during the Thanksgiving holiday. My brother lives in SA, I may have him come pick it up. Could you send a picutre?

Text sent, you can remove the phone number.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Goodbull_19 said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

That sounds great! I am in DFW but will be in San Antonio during the Thanksgiving holiday. My brother lives in SA, I may have him come pick it up. Could you send a picutre? Two1zero, 8nineseven, 1four9 2

I sent pics but didn't get a response.
Matsui
AG
I have the last bag club glove. It's all you need ever. Plus a couple of daal Rods from Lowe's etc
Duckhook
AG
Just to add another opinion, I went hard sided case about 5 years ago. Doesn't happen to everybody, but I had too many friends have broken/damaged club issues with soft sides. I have an SKB, which is great. I never worry about checking my clubs when they arrive. Only downside is that it can be an issue with your rental car when you arrive at a destination. If you don't have an SUV or van, chances are the bag is going in the backseat. I have the mid-size case.
The Milkman
AG
For the Club Glovers... collegiate or large? I assume large? It doesn't sound like the collegiate size has much spare wiggle room
Trucker 96
Depends on your actual bag. I use a carry stand bag, and the collegiate is great. Bigger would be almost too roomy where the bag is swimming in there, and there's a benefit to keeping the load well secured. But if you are a cart bag guy, yeah, I'd go bigger
The Milkman
AG
I have a titleist players 4 stand bag.

Is there enough room left to shove in a couple extra clothes items or bottles of booze in the collegiate?
Trucker 96
Yes, although it will somewhat depend on how much alcohol you are cramming in there since not all bottles are created equal.
AustinCountyAg
Had a friend recently fly with his clubs without using a travel bag. Wrapped his clubs with towels and put on the rain hood. That was it. Everything was in tact in both flights. Lol. That was a first seeing someone do that
AgOutsideAustin
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Had a friend recently fly with his clubs without using a travel bag. Wrapped his clubs with towels and put on the rain hood. That was it. Everything was in tact in both flights. Lol. That was a first seeing someone do that

Must not have had a valuable MISIG in there.....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.