Meadow Club Reccomendations

836 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ddub96
EastTexAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Humble brag but getting to play Meadow Club this week and it will be my first Alister Mackenzie course to experience.

Has anyone played and have any MUST DOs/SEE for the course? Any standard Mackenzie features to pay attention to?

TIA
ddub96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't speak specifically to this course but I have played Cypress and seen Augusta several times attending the Masters. Based on that I have two thoughts about his overall course design elements.

1) Natural design of course - it looks like the course was already there VS being built. It all just looks incredibly natural.

2) Camouflage- he studied camouflage in the army I believe and uses those techniques in his design. Hole #2 at Cypress (I think it's that one) looks as if there are bunkers everywhere and you have very little landing area from the tee. In reality you have a pretty large landing area. He uses subtlety to trick the mind and make you think there is more there than there really is.

Enjoy your round. Should be a special one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.