RTJ golf trail

1,515 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Retired Principal
Pinche Guero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about hitting up a course or 2 before going to the Tennessee game, any recommendations?
dcrewint
The Judge(& the links one on the same property). They are at Capitol Hill. I wanted to play Ross Bridge but we passed on our trip thru there.
bagger05
AG
Grand National is awesome
oldschool87
AG
Plus 2 for grand national!
ElCheAg
AG
Played at Grand National and Capitol Hill. Both have great courses. The course that impressed me the most was The Judge at Capitol Hill.
bagger05
AG
The Judge is a beast. Lots of water and long.

Personally I didn't think The Senator was a very good track. I thought The Legislator was better but still just good not great.

Personally I think Grand National has the best 1-2 punch of the properties I've been on. Both Lakes and Links courses were really good (The Links was not a links course).

The Ridge and The Valley at Oxmoor Valley are also really good. The Ridge is a fun course. CRAZY elevation changes.
zgolfz85
AG
hitting a few RTJs next month. heard Ross Bridge is amazing, but going to be closed for aeration, etc. unfortunately for our dates.

Check out Farmlinks....heard it's a bucket lister for Bama courses and looks rad (close to birmingham):

https://pursellfarms.com/golf/

dcrewint
RTJ - 2015 before all the fancy smartphone filters

Here are some pics of Oxmoor Valley and Capitol Hill (and a few Louisiana otw there and otw back courses)
zgolfz85
AG
dcrewint said:

RTJ - 2015 before all the fancy smartphone filters

Here are some pics of Oxmoor Valley and Capitol Hill (and a few Louisiana otw there and otw back courses)

Thanks for sharing!
kwammer
zgolfz85 said:

hitting a few RTJs next month. heard Ross Bridge is amazing, but going to be closed for aeration, etc. unfortunately for our dates.

Check out Farmlinks....heard it's a bucket lister for Bama courses and looks rad (close to birmingham):

https://pursellfarms.com/golf/

In Birmingham, I think Oxmoor Ridge is a much better layout than Ross Bridge. It's in my top 3 for the entire trail.
Pinche Guero
AG
Good info, looking at grand national and sweetens in Chattanooga
zgolfz85
AG
Pinche Guero said:

Buddy is at sweetens this weekend...looks incredible and the experience seems awesome
NColoradoAG
Pinche Guero said:

The afternoon i spent at sweetens cove last fall was amazing.
Pinche Guero
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Pinche Guero said:

Yeah not sure about just 9 holes, but the place looks sick
NColoradoAG
Pinche Guero said:

NColoradoAG said:

Pinche Guero said:

Yeah not sure about just 9 holes, but the place looks sick
They have two sets of pins on every green. One set is the "hard" set and the other is the "easy" set. We just alternated pins. We got in about 20 holes before it got dark that day. I never wanted the sun to go down.

My buddy and I paid for our second nine holes by just leaving our beer cooler and a bottle of Makers while we played at the shack where you check in. We were there on Labor Day evening so it was pretty dead other than a few walkers and a group of like 8 guys playing together who were also on a golf trip.

Seriously, if you are within 2 hours of Chattanooga and have golf clubs in the car, and you DONT go to Sweetens Cove, you're doing it wrong.

Sorry to derail OP's thread

https://instagr.am/p/B183WXQFVGg
Pinche Guero
AG
Well sweetens is sold out, didn't know that was a thing, we're gonna do grand national for 2 days
zgolfz85
AG
Pinche Guero said:

Well sweetens is sold out, didn't know that was a thing, we're gonna do grand national for 2 days

Yeah, it sells out months in advance a lot of times. Really catered for a walking experience, but they do have a few carts that are first come
Retired Principal
AG
Grand National was great. Played it last summer. Would be a great spot to golf and see the Aggies and Auburn if you can get a room.
Never knew this but RTJ was established by the Retirement System of Alabama to diversify their pension portfolio.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.