9 Worst Bogeys

2,157 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pahdz
DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
9 Worst Ways to Make Bogey

Have committed 2-9 multiple times with at least 2 of those per round, no doubt. No for #1, still my favorite golf hole in my life as my buddy did that. He NEVER shuts up and didn't talk for 3 holes after that. All of us still give him crap for it and he has made a Hole In One with us.
bdgol07
AG
I have renamed the three putt bogey to the "Brian Special" HATE that one, no matter the distance of the first putt
bagger05
AG
I had a four-putt bogey on #9 at St. Andrews.

I was probably 100' away but it was still pretty bad.

Would've been much more upset but my buddy got a quad after he had a pretty good round going. His situation was way sadder than mine.
WestTexasAgalo
That was pretty good. Numbers 4 and 6 are my specialties, with both being equally irritating as far as I'm concerned.

Have never committed #1, but have seen it done before and the article nailed the group reaction on that one...regardless of skill level there are just no words for it.
zgolfz85
AG
the chunked 100 yarder with wedge in hand.....stung to read that one. Can't count on a million hands how many good, long fairway drives on par 4's I've ruined with PW or lesser wedge in hand on the 2nd shot during this covid golf season
DannyDuberstein
AG
#4 drives me the most crazy
_lefraud_
AG
Agreed. Although, laying 2 from off the green on a par 5 and leaving with bogey is frustrating as well (#3)

Not sure why he has to reference the dreaded 3putt bogey not once, not twice, but three damn times...or maybe that was no accident
jgh85Ag
AG
Just 9? I usually have the 18 deluxe variety pack with a few others mixed in.
Rubble
AG
zgolfz85 said:

the chunked 100 yarder with wedge in hand.....stung to read that one. Can't count on a million hands how many good, long fairway drives on par 4's I've ruined with PW or lesser wedge in hand on the 2nd shot during this covid golf season

I had 6 in one round a couple of months ago
CapCityAg89
AG
Yep. Done all of ''em

#1 two or three times but the worst was playing in a foursome with my boss, the president of our company and a friend of theirs at their club. We're playing 3 sixes and I'm paired with the president on the first six. We're down 1 and I reach the short par five 5th. Long putt on a tricky green but I'm getting a stroke. So sitting net one, I four putt for bogie and lose to my boss who chipped poorly but made a 20 footer. Man.
G Martin 87
AG
Quote:

missing a green with a wedge is like missing your mouth with the fork
Matsui
AG
Bogies anything inside 150 drive me nuts.
The 5200 Acres
AG
The author missed the most infuriating one in my book.

Playing in a partnership, Partner 1 birdies the first hole. But during the course of play of the first hole, Partner 2 discovers that he left the putter he was testing before the round in his bag giving him 15 clubs. Penalty is two strokes and applies to both partners. Bogey carded for the team.

To this day, I consider this the dumbest rule in all of sports. In no way does one partner having an extra club in the bag benefit the other partner and his or her ability to card a score.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
they should rename #4 after me.
G Martin 87
AG
The 5200 Acres said:

The author missed the most infuriating one in my book.

Playing in a partnership, Partner 1 birdies the first hole. But during the course of play of the first hole, Partner 2 discovers that he left the putter he was testing before the round in his bag giving him 15 clubs. Penalty is two strokes and applies to both partners. Bogey carded for the team.

To this day, I consider this the dumbest rule in all of sports. In no way does one partner having an extra club in the bag benefit the other partner and his or her ability to card a score.
"It's not mine, I was just holding it for a friend!"
Elmo Lincoln
AG
Goodness, I got hot under the collar just reading that article. Delete article, ban author.
bodaciousbood14
AG
I drove the short par 4 at Sienna Plantation that dog legs left around water (don't remember what number it is) and three-putted for par.

That's the closest I've been to #1
dc509
AG
Relatable
mazag08
AG
They left one off..

The hit it in the water / out of bounds off the tee and still salvage bogey.
Rubble
AG
mazag08 said:

They left one off..

The hit it in the water / out of bounds off the tee and still salvage bogey.

That's a good bogey. This is a list of the worst bogeys...
mazag08
AG
No bogey is a good bogey
agsalaska
AG
I was at the Shell the year Freddy Couples won and George and Barbara Bush were right next to me watching groups come thru a green. Peter Jacobson bogeys and is walking to the next hole right by us. Of course they acknowledge the former Pres and First Lady. Jacobsen looks over at Mr Bush and in a frustrated voice says 'Another Driver Sandwedge Bogey' and continues towards the next tee box. We all laughed pretty hard, George especially.

Every time that happens to me now, which is entirely too often, that moment comes to mind.
Pahdz
Oh man I was #4 & #5 all summer. Also, this line is hilarious

Quote:

NOPE. Instead, you chunk it, skull it, block it or pull it like it's a damn BOP-it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.