Austin Golf - Bachelor Party

3,967 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TX_Aggie37
tboag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys,

We are doing my brother's bachelor party in Austin (from Houston) in February. Those of us that play a lot of golf are coming in on a Thursday - and I'd really like to try and get us on a nice course for some of us to play for him.

I understand Austin CC and Barton Creek are pretty exclusive, but figured I'd take a shot in the dark here and see if anyone is a member or could help me get on one of those courses. We would obviously pay up and those of us playing are very in tune with respectful golf. I just mean to say that Thursday round isn't meant to be the typical "bachelor party" round. Just a few of us that are golf enthusiasts. Thanks and gig em!
Ag_07
AG
Not exclusive or anything special but I'd take a look at Vaaler Creek.

Nice public course that's always in great shape and laid back with some nice outdoor space to have a few cold ones afterwards.

Just all around solid option for guys trip outing.
tboag
AG
Ag_07 said:

Not exclusive or anything special but I'd take a look at Vaaler Creek.

Nice public course that's always in great shape and laid back with some nice outdoor space to have a few cold ones afterwards.

Just all around solid option for guys trip outing.

Awesome! Thank you
StEdsCOOG
I love Vaaler Creek but that'll add an extra hour onto your drive if you're coming in from Houston. Just keep that in mind if y'all are playing the day you drive in. Another option is Wolfdancer which is convenient if you're coming in on 71. Played Wolfdancer, Vaaler Creek and Falconhead In Bee Caves with my dad one weekend back in March. All three courses are great.
DGAG92
AG
Falconhead is a good golf course and Star Ranch (Hutto) would be another good choice.
Class of 1992
DripAG08
AG
Only thing to note on Falconhead is that regardless of time or day it always seems to play 5+ hours.

Not sure if anyone else has the same experience but it always seems to play very slow.
Aggie1391
I would say wolf dancer as well. Played yesterday and it was in good shape
KBAGOLFER
All of Austin's courses are playing at 5+ hours on the weekends and tee times are extremely tough to get.
Captain Aggie
AG
Cancelled my golf at Barton Creek next Monday and Tuesday due to cold weather/rain chances. Changed our stay to the following week just to find out 3 of the courses are either closed for maintenance or members only outings. So be careful with Omni! Moved our stay from Omni Barton Creek to Horseshoe Bay. Courses are cheaper than Barton Creek by over $100 at only $105 and courses seem to be rated higher than Barton Creek.
Leander - Ag
AG
Horseshoe bay another great option
C ROC N
I know some hot bartenders in that area that would love to mix drinks for you!!
C ROC N
The Bandit and stay in Gruene!
TX_Aggie37
AG
I really enjoyed Falconhead but it was a slow round as someone else mentioned.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.