Lasers

1,824 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rusty GCS
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any decent priced laser rangefinder recommendations ? Don't need bells and whistles just want a good basic one.
Probably go to golf galaxy.
979ag
AG
Blue Tees Golf
Rubble
AG
By laser do you mean rangefinder?

I have the basic Tec Tec Tec one and it does the job. I just can't justify spending $400 on a Bushnell at the moment. You can get on Amazon pretty quick.
tamu2009
AG
Hear great things about pinned
kc kid
AG
Precision Pro with Slope. Low 200's and great usability
JYDog90
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Any decent priced laser rangefinder recommendations ? Don't need bells and whistles just want a good basic one.
Probably go to golf galaxy.
I'll sell you my rangefinder and the velcro magnetic strap for your golf cart along with the carrying case for $80 shipped to you. It works great. It's just not slope and I want slope.

Here it is if you're interested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZMNPTP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jj9000
AG
My Bushnell finally crapped out and I bought a CaddyTec laser from Costco.

It has an option for slope and it runs around $140 new.

Smaller and as accurate as the Bushnell.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Thanks !
jja79
AG
I bought a Gogogo for $86 and it works just fine.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Lots of options out there after some googling. I'm going to try a Mileseey with slope for $100.
shoes
AG
100% agree on the CaddyTek. 0 issues here.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
jja79 said:

I bought a Gogogo for $86 and it works just fine.
Me too. So far, so good.
antman8504
AG
Gogogo
leachfan
jj9000 said:

My Bushnell finally crapped out and I bought a CaddyTec laser from Costco.

It has an option for slope and it runs around $140 new.

Smaller and as accurate as the Bushnell.
I did the same thing and it works great.
AggieDub14
AG
Plenty of free gps apps out there for phones. I've never understood why anyone spends money on rangefinders.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I have been using gps apps for a while but they aren't always accurate and you have to keep your phone out, that's why I want one
Shelton98
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Plenty of free gps apps out there for phones. I've never understood why anyone spends money on rangefinders.
I agree for the most part. The only time I ever use my rangefinder is on 40 - 80 yd shots where I have to carry a bunker, water, or front edge. I just have more confidence in the accuracy of the rangefinder than the gps at those distances.
Rusty GCS
AG
kc kid said:

Precision Pro with Slope. Low 200's and great usability
This is what I have and it's great. Works quick. Is accurate. And you get free batteries for life.

Only downside is it's not good at shooting the ground for a lay up distance. Layups are for basketball though, right?
Duckhook
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Rangefinders are quick and accurate to the yard. Ability to shoot specific yardage (how far to carry that trap/water, etc.). Makes a difference to some people. Pretty cheap one-time investment considering how much we spend on the rest of our equipment.
Rubble
AG
AggieDub14 said:

I used to have this sentiment until I got a rangefinder. My scores have dropped an average of 3-4 strokes because of the accuracy of a range finder vs guessing on where the pin is in relation to the front middle or back measurement of a gps device. There have been instances where I had both, and hit 2 clubs more than I would have with just the gps device based on what I shot with a range finder. That can correlate to a stroke or two just by misclubbing on a guessed yardage.
Rusty GCS
AG
My phone is too busy DJing to be bothered with range finding
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.