Any tips for this swing? gif

2,105 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DGAG92
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

13 months later:

DannyDuberstein
AG
Take 2 weeks off and quit?

Kidding. First look tells me you've got an early release/extension issue going on. You don't stay loaded for long
Chipotlemonger
AG
Looks like what I do, kind of coming down on the ball like you're chopping a log, if that makes sense. Think the transition you have is doing this, because it looks like your upper body gets disjointed from the core and hips. Is your flight a fade and your miss either a pull or a slice?

Full disclosure: This is for information purposes only not advice. I don't have much room to talk!

Edit to add: Don't try this unless you know your swing and this won't mess it up. Try putting a tee down in the ground a foot or so straight in front of your ball. Try to reach down towards the tee through contact. This well help you extend through the ball I think.

Please read my full disclosure.
AggieFactor
AG
I second what Danny said. That is THE stereotypical handsy/casting golf swing. Check out Clay with Top Speed Golf. He will have that fixed in a few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Clayballardgolf
Trinity Ag
S

Following up on the two previous postings.

Your position looks fine at the top, but you look to be starting your downswing with your hands/arms, which is going to force an outside in swing path, and either a cut fade or a dead pull on most swings.

You need to initiate the down swing with your hips, and uncoil from the bottom up.

This will generate more clubhead speed, better sequence your swing to square the clubface, and encourage an inside-out swing path.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Take 2 weeks off and quit?

Kidding. First look tells me you've got an early release/extension issue going on. You don't stay loaded for long

That's what she said.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Although when it's a golf swing, it's my problem. The other is more her problem
jgh85Ag
AG
To my uneducated eye, it looks like you are swinging in slow motion until after you hit the ball.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And he doesn't even have a backswing
I Am A Critic
When your left arm is parallel to the ground, the shaft of your golf club should be vertical.
Username checks out.
AggieLitigator
Slowest swing ever
AggieLitigator
DannyDuberstein said:

And he doesn't even have a backswing
zgolfz85
AG
Seeing the takeaway would help too. Definitely swinging from the outside though...but not by much. The tempo seems a little off, but overall a very playable swing that a couple minor tweaks will likely substantially improve. Not too bad
leachfan
Send it to Max Homa on twitter. He will analyze.
Ag81Golf
Possible that your upper body is in an open position at setup but no way to tell from that video.
Sazerac
AG
yep, you are casting.
will be very difficult to retrain yourself to have very soft hands/wrists.
probably pushing with your right hand like most amateurs

to add distance you will have to relearn to start the downswing with your weight shift, hip turn while your arms are still going up / shoulders still turning back.
left back muscle then rotates/pulls upper body to follow the hips
while keeping arms, wrists, and hands loose to drop in the slot
then gravity takes over

as noted above, on downswing when left arm is // to the ground the shaft should be as close to vertical as possible.
that's how you create lag = club head speed

Sazerac
AG
Here are a couple of examples of mine I could find from 4 years ago when I got back into golf and rebuilt my swing. Took about 4 months of daily work.

I've since stopped playing and when I pick up a club I slip back into casting myself.

Deluxe
AG
You gotta get your right shoulder down and drop the club more inside. It looks like your spinning out too quickly and gravity is forcing your arms outside the plane.

Think of your first move from the top as bumping your left hip toward the target, right shoulder down and right elbow into your right hip. Then push off your back foot and rotate.

Some new age instruction is against hip bumping, but to me it all depends on the player and the flaw they're trying to fix.
PJYoung
AG
Alright that was from last fall. This is the swing 13 months later (from this weekend at Paiute in Vegas. Wolf, or Snow Mountain, not certain which):

Sazerac
AG
it's better!

keep working
dcrewint
Good work. I think even if you piped that 350 we'd all chime in about fixing something. I'm guilty of it for sure (the nature of being a coach, or simply being a golfer?). So, I'll lead off, have you had issues with golfer's elbow? It appears there's too much fold in that left elbow on the way down.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I'd say that hat is the biggest issue I see
DGAG92
AG
Just first glance, your calves are way too big.
Class of 1992
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.