*** TexAgs Tour, Event 2 ***

1,585 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rusty GCS
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EVENT 2 IS NOW LIVE!

This event is one round and the deadline to complete the round is Sunday, October 18.

REMINDERS:

1. You must decide whether the event is going to count toward the tour BEFORE you play.
It's not allowed to play and then if you play like crap decide to play later in hopes of putting up a better score. This is on the honor system. If you feel the need to cheat to beat a bunch of strangers in an online tour event for no money then take a look at your life and figure out why you are the way you are.

2. Play by the rules.
No breakfast balls, no mulligans, no gimmes, no "I'll count that good because if I had been trying harder I would have made it." Grinding over two-footers is good for your game and builds character. Don't improve your lie. I highly recommend everyone brush up on the rules for unplayable, red stakes, and yellow stakes.

3. To facilitate pace of play the following local rules are in effect.
- For lost balls or balls out of bounds you may use normal stroke and distance procedures or you may drop with a penalty of two strokes. Details here.
- Since these are recreational rounds you may pick up after reaching net double bogey. If you don't have a handicap, your max score is par +5. Details here.
- If you're playing match play or best ball it's not required you hole out and you may mark your score according to the most likely score as allowed in the rules of golf. Details here.
- Bunkers that are not being maintained are ground under repair.

4. Points are awarded as noted below.
  • 300 - 1st place
  • 225 - 2nd place
  • 175 - 3rd place
  • 150 - 4th place
  • 135 - 5th place
  • -5 points for each place on down, minimum of 10 points

5. Handicaps
Handicap for the event will be your official handicap, or if you don't have an official handicap the low end of your estimate on TheGrint minus one. If you have an official handicap not tracked on TheGrint, contact bagger05 via TexAgs, TheGrint, or texags.bagger05 at gmail to give him your info.
AggieFactor
AG
Disregard. My question was answered on the official Grint forum about the new point structure.
'03ag
bagger05 said:

2. Play by the rules.
No breakfast balls, no mulligans, no gimmes, no "I'll count that good because if I had been trying harder I would have made it." Grinding over two-footers is good for your game and builds character. Don't improve your lie. I highly recommend everyone brush up on the rules for unplayable, red stakes, and yellow stakes.

Soooo . . . golf
bagger05
AG
Yep.
Buck Compton
AG
I fully expect to follow up my 83 this week with a 96 if I get a chance to play again over the next couple weeks.
bcanales05
AG
I tried to post my score to the event on Sunday but not sure where I was to do that.

Do I send a notice to you or is there a way to post it for the tour on the app?

I wasn't too thrilled with my score to be honest, but it is what it is.
Dr.Pepper7
AG
Not sure if this question has been asked or if its possible through this Grint app, but it would be cool to have flights or divisions based on handicap instead of one large group.

Anyone like that idea moving forward?
bagger05
AG
I've looked into it and haven't found a way. Here was my response on the rules thread when it was brought up:

I looked into splitting it into multiple divisions. I think the best way to do this kind of competition is to put people in flights and then compete among that group. Couldn't do gross competition among flights since we're playing different courses, but even net among your flight is better than all one giant group.

TheGrint doesn't have an easy way to do this from what I can tell - not aside from splitting it into multiple tours which seems like a big pain in the ass. So we're left with what we've got.

The Tour function on TheGrint is.... fine. If this catches on and we do it again next year I think there are better options out there for running leagues we can explore
_lefraud_
AG
The handicap system was literally created so that players of different skill level could compete against one another.

Also, since everyone is playing a different course, breaking things up still wouldn't make all that much sense.

To help bagger, I can break down the field into 3 or 4 groups (based on hdcp) each week, sort them by gross score (to par) and post the results on that events thread here on Texags.

But until maybe an actual live tournament is created (in May??) It doesn't make a ton of sense to break it up by handicap for the tour events on the Grint.
bagger05
AG
If we could flight it I would. Just really hard for people with really low handicaps to post big negative net numbers.

That said it is pretty easy to see where you stand amongst your "peers". The little number next to your name is your handicap category.

When you're looking at standings on the web there is a drop down to look at all scores or a specific category.
BreNayPop
AG
It's hard to drop a couple more strokes off my scores. I'd have to drastically improve in some random area of my game... basically have a great day putting.
XpressAg09
AG
You may have to edit your scorecard and connect it to the Tour Event.

I believe this can online be done on the actual website...not mobile or app.
bagger05
AG
This is what I THOUGHT would work for someone else. Didn't seem to work for them, though. You're welcome to give it a try.

Quote:

Go to TheGrint on a browser (not the app).

On the left click "scores" (third icon from the top).

Click the link that says "View" on the right hand side for your round that you wanted to post.

Across the top there will be some dropdown menus where you can change some info about the round. On the far right side there is a dropdown for "Events."

XpressAg09 told me he was able to back date a scorecard for the test event but I didn't get details from him about how it was done.

If you figure out how to do it, let me know so we can add it to the rules thread and everyone can know how it's done.
XpressAg09
AG
Here you go, fellas

Dr.Pepper7
AG
We gotta work on that putting stroke! 37 putts
XpressAg09
AG
I don't want to talk about it...
Rubble
AG
Much better round today for me than the first event!
bagger05
AG
Don't think I'm gonna get a round in this time.
ElCheAg
AG
bagger05 said:

Don't think I'm gonna get a round in this time.

Why not? (Hope it's nothing serious.)
bagger05
AG
Event 2 is in the books!

I'll post the results and get Event 3 live later today.
Rusty GCS
AG
I got 23rd place in my first ever golf tournament that wasn't a group event.

I was expecting closer to last place. I felt like I had a bad day but apparently by my average score it was 0.6 strokes better than average. Guess I'm just a bad golfer
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.