Cabo Golf

2,465 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CyAg86
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been lately? Suggestions on course? Not sure we want to spend El Dorado money, but open to ideas. Thanks.
girlgolfer12
I've not been in a couple of years, but I've played these courses and they're great - Cabo del sol, Cabo Real, Palmilla Golf Club, Puerto Los Cabos Golf Course, and Diamante.
JYDog90
AG
girlgolfer12 said:

I've not been in a couple of years, but I've played these courses and they're great - Cabo del sol, Cabo Real, Palmilla Golf Club, Puerto Los Cabos Golf Course, and Diamante.

Played these and loved it.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Buck Compton
AG
Another recommendation for Cabo del Sol. Great round, great views
KaneIsAble
AG
Always always this...

Coolest golf course I've ever been on by far.

https://www.quiviraloscabos.com/golf

mt3950
AG
Guess I should have mentioned that we're renting a house off of Airbnb, so we'll need something public.
Poot
Puerto de Los Cabos is my only experience down there and it was excellent.
Ag_07
AG
We played Palmilla and loved it.

Played it for $40 after we sat through a timeshare buffet breakfast.
rodneyp11
AG
When will you be there?
mt3950
AG
We're going in mid/late January.
David_Puddy
AG
I'd email/call Quivara and see if they can get you on. Normally you have to be staying on one of their 5 properties, but they let us on after we did their 90 minute timeshare presentation (got to play it for $100). This was in June of 2017 so that rule might have changed. I've played both Cabo del Sol courses and Puerto Los Cabos, and while they're all phenomenal, Quivara blew them all away.
KaneIsAble
AG
David_Puddy said:

I'd email/call Quivara and see if they can get you on. Normally you have to be staying on one of their 5 properties, but they let us on after we did their 90 minute timeshare presentation (got to play it for $100). This was in June of 2017 so that rule might have changed. I've played both Cabo del Sol courses and Puerto Los Cabos, and while they're all phenomenal, Quivara blew them all away.

I'm telling you to try this approach; the worst they can tell you is "no". We stayed at one of the resorts in 2014 and I had no clue about this course until we got there and saw it from the balcony. Turns out it was still in the Soft Opening stage and we played it about 10 days after it opened. Some of the cart paths were still on the beach but the course and all of its amenities were in full force.

I rented a set of brand new Callaways (never hit), bought a shirt, and paid the green fees and was out the door for $125. I had no idea how lucky of a break I caught at the time.
David_Puddy
AG
That's awesome. That drive from hole 4 up the mountain to 5 is absolutely incredible
KaneIsAble
AG
Yep. I think it's over 2 miles to get from 4 to 5 due to the terrain.

It was wild; we didn't see another player until we were well into the back 9 and they were at least 6 holes behind us and never saw anyone in front.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Headed down there in June. How bad are they going to stick it to me to rent clubs? I am not dragging mine down there. Probably going to play Palmilla.
Other than sitting through a time share thing, any tips on saving a few bucks on the green fee? I signed up for their marketing emails in hopes of a deal.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Don't sit through any presentations. Not with it.

Puerta Los Cabos is a must. Would also recommend Cabo Real.

Cabo golf is honestly so good.
CyAg86
AG
Some have twilight rates later in the afternoon in the summer when it is hot. Buddy and I played Cabo Del Sol and had a discounted rate, I think our tee time was around 2:00. This was a few years ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.