OFFICIAL RULES for the TexAgs Tour on TheGrint

4,724 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bagger05
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two observations:

(1) The window for the offseason event #12 is just a week, shorter than the others.
(2) I hate to bring this up because the goal here is friendly TexAgs competition, but better to bring it up now so it doesn't become an issue later. What tees/yardages are we playing from?
bagger05
AG
Regarding the window for Event 12, I wanted to tentatively schedule the in-person event for the week between graduation and Memorial Day and worked backwards from there. I ended up with an extra week and decided to plug that last event in the gap rather than do six weeks for the three rounds for the championship. Six weeks felt like too long of a time.

Open to other ideas. We could have an off week or extend the championship window or do something else.

Regarding the tees/yardage -- play from the one appropriate for your handicap. Overall since we're playing net, the course rating/slope and your handicap should accommodate for differences in course difficulty and that should include your selection of tees as well.

It will have to be decided for the in-person event but we can figure that out how to handle that when we get closer to it.
G Martin 87
AG
Event #12 falls around my annual golf weekend trip, so the short week isn't a problem for me.

Agree on tees/yardages. Thanks!
XpressAg09
AG
I understand sacks of crap aren't allowed, but what about pieces of sheeit?
bagger05
AG
E
AG
I think everyone playing in the Houston Oaks TexAgs meetup on Oct 10th should have to use that score for the Event 2 official score
_lefraud_
AG
Anyone part of the tour that plans on playing in Fort Worth/Arlington/Mid Cities?
OilandGasAg2014
AG
I'm in Prosper and play all around that area. I'd be interested in trying to make a group out of it.
Rubble
AG
I'm in Lantana, but am not opposed to going that way every now and again.
cjsag94
AG
I know how to put scores into the tour.. but where do you go to actually view the tour leaderboard/results/standings?

Eta: found it on the web site, just can't find it on app.
XpressAg09
AG
Bump. Event 1 starts tomorrow. Let the big dogs eat.
The Milkman
AG
Can't wait to join in.. at the very least it'll force me to get out and play more
jgh85Ag
AG
If I have a GHIN but not linked to the GRINT, do I put in the course handicap when I set up the round when prompted?
tamu2009
AG
Random question knowing how people feel about sharing real data on the board, but how can we tie the guys on the tour to their texags handles so we can appropriately talk trash on the board to the right people??
XpressAg09
AG
Ugh, just posted a Net +4 today. Putts weren't happening today, neither was much else after the driver.
bagger05
AG
Game is moving in the right direction I guess but still struggling to avoid the idiot holes entirely. One OB and two in the water on a course that has virtually no trouble at all. Had three birdies though so overall not a terrible score with an 81. Net +5 I think on this easy ass course.
Colt98
AG
So if play a round and put my score in grint and the guys I play with aren't on grint and not in tourney will my score not count??
bagger05
AG
Are you putting it into TheGrint or are they keeping your score for you on TheGrint?
XpressAg09
AG
If you keep your score on your phone, even if you keep someone else's with you, your score will be uploaded.

You have to make sure you choose the TexAgs Tour when you tee off on 1.
Colt98
AG
Ok. That's what I thought but my last practice round, second round on the texags practice didn't upload.
XpressAg09
AG
Did you mark it as a practice round on the app?
XpressAg09
AG
Bump. 3 Days to submit Event 1.
bagger05
AG
As the Supreme Commissioner I have unilaterally decided to make some changes to the point structure of the league.

My first crack at this I tried to make it kinda mirror FedEx Cup points, but now that we've had an event I think there are a few problems. Mostly that just not enough people are getting points above the minimum.

We have something like 20 people tied for 16th with 10 points. I think that we need to make it a better structure that will more closely correlate your performance with your point total rather than "if you're not in the top 15 you get a participation trophy."

Also when I set up this structure we had FAR fewer people in the tour. Now that we're at over 70 people we need to make sure we're awarding a bigger chunk of people. If we had an event with 60 people that means the bottom 75% of folks would only get the minimum and that doesn't make sense to me.

So this is what we're going to do.

1st place: 300
2nd place: 225
3rd place: 175
4th place: 150
5th place: 135
Then after that it's -5 points for every lower place with a minimum of 10 points.

Using this structure, assuming we don't have a ton more people join this pretty much guarantees that if you finish in the top half you'll get more than participation points.

I'll make similar adjustments for the other classification of events.

This will retroactively affect points from Event 1. Thanks for understanding and giving me some leeway to figure this out as we go.
cjsag94
AG
Looks good to me. You might also consider splitting the field into multiple divisions. I think if you don't do that, you'll need to cap participation at some level.
bagger05
AG
I looked into splitting it into multiple divisions. I think the best way to do this kind of competition is to put people in flights and then compete among that group. Couldn't do gross competition among flights since we're playing different courses, but even net among your flight is better than all one giant group.

TheGrint doesn't have an easy way to do this from what I can tell - not aside from splitting it into multiple tours which seems like a big pain in the ass. So we're left with what we've got.

The Tour function on TheGrint is.... fine. If this catches on and we do it again next year I think there are better options out there for running leagues we can explore.
XpressAg09
AG
The changes should be fine. No one here should complain too much, as Section A, Paragraph 1 of the official rules clearly states:
Quote:

All rules and the tour schedule described below are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Supreme Commissioner bagger05. Look, man, this is the first time we're doing this so we will need to be flexible. Since sacks of crap are not allowed on the tour, I'm sure we will all be fine.
Rusty GCS
AG
Dang, I hate that I missed this. Sounds like fun.
Rusty GCS
AG
dp
bagger05
AG
Not too late to get in. Only on Event 2 right now.
Rusty GCS
AG
Good deal. Just downloaded the app and paid to be a PRO. Added all my scores for this year and it said it'll update my handicap at midnight. The course I'm a member at doesn't pay for handicap index.

E
AG
Yikes! I need to quit using very tough courses that I rarely play for these tour events... gonna be dead last in no time
bagger05
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.