Help save public access to golf (Hancock Survey)

782 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

My position is keep it as low cost golf course. No parks in Austin make money so Munis shouldn't be held to a higher standard.Low cost access to public sport is essential to combating obesity among our community

Would love for you all to sign this petition? It is competing with a petition to turn it into a park

http://chng.it/Fzj2xDP8xz
HouAggie2007
Do none of the munis in Austin make money? In Houston I'm pretty sure memorial pays for a lot of the sharpstown budget, not sure how Herman and Gus fall into the budget as they are operated by different groups.

I've always been jealous of the amount of munis in Austin but using public parks as golf courses excludes a lot of people from enjoying those spaces. Big city muni systems should be trying to at least break even imo, especially when I assume they have prime land and don't have to pay taxes on it
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
They do but not when you factor in the taxable value of the land. Austin has an abundance of park and golf space. Hancock can make money but the city does need to invest
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Added the petition link
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.