Shaking hands after a round

2,177 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 14TheRoad
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ive been playing every Saturday for a while with my brother but the last two weeks we have been paired with two others. Last week we did the fist bump but today we actually shook hands. Anyone else had that choice lately and what did you do?
Rubble
Rubble
AG
I've done both. I wash my hands right after I'm done anyways.
lazuras_dc
AG
No big deal... even after a fist bump just don't touch your face and use hand sanitizer if you're concerned. I keep a travel bottle of sanitizer in my golf bag for such instances or even after using a bunker rake etc.
Trucker 96
Havent shaken hands before or after in months. Maybe the very occasional fist bump, but that's usually been during the round. My regular group does a putter salute after our rounds - bump putter grips
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Do you seriously need advice on whether or not to shake hands after a round?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Danny Vermin
No, I was just curious as to what other golfers are doing.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ill happily shake hands and we have been probably 75 percent of the time. Other 25 it's been fist bumps
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Aggie369
AG
Shake hands and fist bumps...im comfortable with both
07fta07
AG
We've been doing nothing or a fist bump but I'd go back to the normal of shaking hands with no issues.
jj9000
AG
Elbow bumps or air fist bumps.

I'm OK with it for now.
Broncos
If you don't feel comfortable with a shake when they put their hand out just give them the fist bump. They'll adjust and fist bump back.

(This thread is weird)
proudaggie02
AG
I'm fine with anything. I can wash my hands or use sanitizer if I'm worried.
Danny Vermin
Tough crowd around here. It was just a question. I didn't wear a mask when I went to the Bear Creek and they gave me one.
BarryProfit
You played Bear Creek? I'm sorry for your loss.
Quinn
AG
I'm more risk adverse than most on here I'd guess, so I'll give that perspective:

Mask: wear one in the golf shop or while walking to it from the parking lot. Doesn't bother me and a simple thing to do. Don't wear it while playing or at the range.

Shaking hands: don't do it at all. Sure, the risks are very minimal, but i don't really gain anything by shaking my buddies' hand for the 100th time or some rando's hand. Why risk it?

Cart/walk: if I'm playing with my dad, I'll ride with him bc we're spending time together outside of golf and he's staying home. I'll walk otherwise.
Danny Vermin
Booked Tangle Ridge this coming Saturday. Thoughts?
Buford T. Justice
AG
Do you tip your cap?
littlebitofhifi
AG
The way I've been playing, I usually just skip the cordials and head straight to the bar.
rgt99
Just do this, very safe and everyone is happy. Well unless you three putt 18 to shoot 80
leachfan
It depends if a white belt or cargo shorts are involved.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Quinn said:

I'm more risk adverse than most on here I'd guess, so I'll give that perspective:

Mask: wear one in the golf shop or while walking to it from the parking lot. Doesn't bother me and a simple thing to do. Don't wear it while playing or at the range.

Shaking hands: don't do it at all. Sure, the risks are very minimal, but i don't really gain anything by shaking my buddies' hand for the 100th time or some rando's hand. Why risk it?

Cart/walk: if I'm playing with my dad, I'll ride with him bc we're spending time together outside of golf and he's staying home. I'll walk otherwise.
That would be a big no since I can keep 6 feet away. I have no issue with one in the clubhouse.
Quinn
AG
Just part of my routine when I'm going anywhere to put it on when I'm getting out of the car. I'd rather not forget it or drop it or have it fall out of my pocket while I'm getting my clubs or walking to the clubhouse. Doesn't personally bother me to wear it for an extra minute or two.
14TheRoad
AG
Been shaking hands again for a little over a month. As long as you make eye contact and say "enjoyed it" you're perfectly ok.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.